Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding SAP callback

former_member188885
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a question regarding Webservices. In case, there is some issue in the web service end...Can SAP continue calling each of the web services even if there is an error on one of them?  If any of the environments are down for any reason (say testing, upgrades, deployments), will the development  on the other environments will also be affected?

In such case, can we log or suppress the error and continue calling each service?

Regards,

Lavanya Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member188885
Active Participant
0 Kudos

PI needs to send the data to four different web services. But as of now, we have maintained only one service in Receiver agreement. How can we send the data to remaining three services now. We can maintain only one Target url. So can anyone tell me how this can be done?

Regards,

Lavanya R

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>>PI needs to send the data to four different web services.

When they are four different web-services, create four inbound interfaces(in your interface determination step) and four receiver agreements/channels to call them separately.

Please do not merge multiple questions into one.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you please elaborate your question with some additional details?

Which web service you are talking about and who is calling service?

former_member188885
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We have a request sent from Third party system to SAP through PI. Once the order request is created in ECC end, a callback response is sent to third party system.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>>In such case, can we log or suppress the error and continue calling each service?

what do you mean by each web service and suppressing error. External system is calling PI web service which then calls ECC.

If any of the service is down/has errors message will be failed.

>>>> If any of the environments are down for any reason (say testing, upgrades, deployments), will the development  on the other environments will also be affected?

No. it only effects the system which is down. (i hope you have 1-1 connection b/w ECC and PI).