cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMP 3.0 Agentry/WM 6.1: NetMotion Issues?

former_member188433
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Mobile Experts - We are preparing to migrate our Agentry/WM 5.3 apps to SMP 3 SP04 with Agentry 6.1. We use Agentry client version 70.5.1.10.  We are also using a VeriSign certificate on the SMP server.  All goes well when Agentry clients connect to the SMP server using a laptop or workstation.  But for our mobile devices (Windows OS) the initial server connect fails with the error:
Certificate received is not found in the trusted list, nor can it be traced to a trusted root.
Communications error (14)

However, when we disable NetMotion the server connect works fine.  After the initial connect, NetMotion can be re-enabled on the mobile device and all works ok going forward.

Does anyone use SMP with NetMotion on mobile devices?  If so can you provide any further information?

Thanks and Best Regards - Jeff

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Jeff,

Just to clarify the Agentry version with SMP 3.0 is Agentry 7.  Agentry 6.1 is part of SMP 2.3.

In terms of the NetMotion error, I would guess that it is acting as a proxy server between the device and SMP 3.0 server.  As a proxy it is returning a certificate it has rather than the actual certificate of the SMP 3.0 server.

You could check this by attempting to connect to the same URL you enter in the client from a web browser with NetMotion active and viewing the certificate it returns.

--Bill

former_member188433
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks BIll for your suggestion. 
We tried connecting to the server URL via browser.  It was very slow in responding, but eventually we got the "I am here" text and there were no certificate warnings.

FIX:

We compared certificates between our mobile device and one of our standard workstations (using certmgr.msc).  This was a tedious process, but we did find a Verisign intermediate certificate that was missing on the mobile device.  Once the missing cert was installed on the device the Agentry client connected to the SMP server with no issues.  WooHoo!

I will close this discussion.

Best Regards - Jeff

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Glad you found the missing certificate!

Answers (0)