cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What exactly will happen to Powerbuilder in future.. It's very important for PB Developers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been working in PB since 1997, based on my experience it's a great programming tool, deliver the high end user interface and easy for maintenance.  But the company that I work is in process to finding a new programming tool because they beleive that Powerbuilder is a old tool ,

hard to find programmers,  not easy to maintain too..  They want to also move client/server application to web, mobile, cloud..

Please can any of expert tell me whether it's a good idea to migrate PB to Java or something else..

I am not sure whether should stay with PB since there are lot nice things are going on with PB , Appeon and all other powerbuiler supporting tools.

I have feelings that SAP is not making moves fast enough.. I also have confident that SAP will bring PB as top 1 programming tool.

Thank you..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may be interested in reading about the on going saga for the future of PB over in the SCN group.

Here is a link to to the most recent discussion pertaining to the future which was delivered by Dirk Boessmann, VP of SAP and head of the Mobility section which PB falls under, during a recent webnar on Powerbuilder TV:

Randy