Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP Receiver Adapter Error

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using soap receiver adapter to establish link to a third party using target url. It has no certificates or proxy settings and just user credentials.

We are able to connect to them from our PI server and also from ABAP stack where we have tried creating rfc destination and it works.

But when we use the soap adapter, the hostname does not seem to resolve and gives error unable to open socket, further in the trace file it gives unknown host exception.

Any help will be appreciated.

Please note that the host file entry is maintained, firewall ports are all working fine and even connecting via browser also fine. So, no issues with Firewall or webservice.

This is a synchronous request, is there a alternative where I can use http adapter with RFC, I think not since this is webservice and we need to use soap

Regards

Sam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Also try with SOAP UI if you are able to send the message.

Regards,

Nabendu.

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I tried and can able to send message. As stated in my post, the abab stack rfc connection using the same url seems to be connecting,.  It is only from PI java stack it is not connecting.

Even tried restarting the entire system

REgards

Sam

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you all advise where would I see the target URL in the soap header?

I need to verify whether the soap header sends the port name correctly.

Does the WSDL replaces whatever target url we specifiy.  Reason being is the same is being used in another instance with different name.

Other than the target URL , do i need to change something else?

Regards

Krish

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>>But when we use the soap adapter, the hostname does not seem to resolve and gives error unable to open socket, further in the trace file it gives unknown host exception.

Did you try with IP address instead of host name and if that worked?

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I can't use the IP since the same IP is being shared with different hostname by the external party.

They use sort of some rules based on hostname and user credentials at their side.

But if i simple use IP address, it gives the same 404 not found error as what it shows in browser.

Regards

Sam

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>>But if i simple use IP address, it gives the same 404 not found error as what it shows in browser

It's different what you were getting earlier right? if you use IP address then you are not getting unkownhost exception instead you are getting 404(page not found).

I would suggest you cross check the URL and see if the web service is available.

Are you able to access the webservice(endpoint) from a browser?  Your hosting system might be available but not the service which is hosted.

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

As I said, with the complete url, it works fine with the browser.

Regards

Krish