Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sold-To Party not filled in Incidents

Sven
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Community,

When user is creating an incident in Solution Manager VAR scenario, he can type in arbitrary text in "Configuration Item" just to be able to go Next. When "Configuration Item" is not correctly filed "Sold-To Party is empty. Please check the image. Is there a way to secure proper user entry?

Kind regards, Sven

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sven,

You may change the field type input to field type Dropbox, so user only choose the valid value.

But for this you need to enhance BSP_APPLICATION for this code.

a very little abap code.

Rg Dan

Sven
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dan, great idea, can you give me a pointer to the code, where to look for, how to find it?

Kind regards, Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sven,

You better to get ABAP developer for this task.

tcode BSP_WD_CMPWB = component - AIC_INCIDENT_H

view AIC_INCIDENT_H/IncidentHeaderEF

Context - Context Nodes - BTREFOBJMAIN - Attributes

now find your FIeld and in GET_P_XXX method change field type to Dropbox.

Rg Dan

Sven
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dan, tried this below. Did not help. Still is text input able...

Kind regards, Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sven,

You need for this create a DDLB table with values in GET_V_XXX

Then in GET_P_ XXX after setting field type to picklist give  rv_value = 'Your DDLB table'.

check sample in BTPARTNERSET - /AICRM/HEADER_FCT_04

Rg Dan

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kelemen,

Go in IB52 ->goto->In function select sold to party and partner no. check Main partner.

So it will automatically deduct sold to party.

Sven
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raghuwanshi, in IB52? check the image:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sven,

You need first to enter your IBase.

Only then what Abishek described will be available.

Hope it helps.

Rémi.

Sven
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rémi, thanks, unfortunately choosing my IBASE and pressing ENTER gets that error, it seems there is no SAPnote for that...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kelemen,

Enter your IBase no. and then press enter.Then go in ->Goto->in function select sold to party and partner no. check Main partner.

So it will automatically deduct sold to party.Follow step which Remi suggested.

Also check with the basis for the above dumps and then try the steps which I suggested.

Sven
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raghuwanshi, setting only one "Sold-To Party" as "Main Partner" what it means for the other ones?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kelemen,

If you will select Main Partner. Your Sold to Party will get automatically picked.

If you will not select it.Then you have to dropdown and select.

In case of any query revert back.

Note:Reward points for helpful answer.

Regards,

Abhishek raghu

Sven
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raghuwanshi, just to repeat last question, setting only one "Sold-To Party" as "Main Partner", what it means for the other ones? We have at the moment 25 Business Partner ID, and if you check the original issue is "When user is creating an incident in Solution Manager VAR scenario, he can type in arbitrary text in "Configuration Item" just to be able to go Next. When "Configuration Item" is not correctly filed "Sold-To Party is empty."

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

the configuration item is not the SAP application component. Configuration item is an identifier related to Ibase.

So, you are filling in a completely different thing in that field. Please press F4, and choose an appropriate option. Then you will get rid of some of the error messages.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

Sven
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Miguel Ariño, I know. This is just an example that the user can put arbitrary text in Configuration Item and that is wrong. System should check the user entry. That is why we have them .

Kind regards, Sven

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry, I should have read the question more carefully... I was misled by the title.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sven,

Make it manadatory field in WebUi Config so that error is captured before it is saved, but still the doc can get saved with errors, for that you will have to use Save badi to ORDER_SAVE-->Check_before _save to restrict the user from daving doc w/o correcting this data.

Thanks

Jignesh

Sven
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jignesh, you see this field is already mandatory. User gets the error, see below, and can't proceed with next. Catching that input error later on save could lead to locking the incident entry.

Kind regards, Sven

Error Make an entry in field 'Configuration Item'

Just to add that entering "

Error The entered value for the field SAP Component is not valid.

artemzhegalin
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Sven.

I think you should just grey out this field for end-user not to type something wrong there via CRM UI configuration.

BR,

Artem

Sven
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Artem, this might work if that will disable type input and force user to use Input Help. How to do that to be able to test this solution?

Kind regards, Sven