cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHARM: ZMCR not able to proceed once ZMMJ is withdrawn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I created a Change Request (ZMCR) with two follow-up Change Documents (ZMMJ) in scope.

For one Change Document, I made changes to the system and imported the TR into production. The final status of this is now "Imported into Production".

For the second Change Document, I withdrew the change document. I did not create any TRs or whatsoever. The final status is "Withdrawn".

My expectation was, that I can now bring the Change Request to a final status (preferably "Confirmed" or "Realized"), as the change (or part of it) have been implemented.

But I can only set "Scope Extension" or other early status values ("Validation" etc.).

Can anyone explain, if (and why) this is standard behaviour?

And can anyone guide me how to bring a "half-implemented" Change Request to a good end?

Thanks,

Jan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

Pls check whether you have maintained the below Status setting for Predecessor Doc :

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jignesh,

I have the following settings:

Except the system role, it looks similar to your screenshot.

I entered a system role (Dev. System) but no effect.

The "required status values for successor" do also look ok:

ZMMJ-E0010 is Withdrawn

ZMCR-E0005 is Realized

Any further settings necessary?

Thanks and Regards,

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

One follow-up:

When I create an additional ZMMJ and bring this to the final status "Imported into production", then the ZMCR can be closed as wanted.

With other change documents (ZMAD, ZMGC) this does not happen.

Problem is, I cannot create an additional ZMMJ all the time when running into the described trap.

Regards,

Jan

Answers (0)