Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect SPL check

former_member194424
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello gurus,

Could someone please tell me why this is blocked for SPL?

BP search term is MANKATO and SPL search term is MAN. I want it to be a match only if the entire word is matched. My Search Strategy in SPRO is "SPL Entry Searches in Address Entry".

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Satish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

This is due to the settings maintained in the Compliance-->SPL customization area. Please change the matching rate to 100% for the required. But this is not a correct appoach as 100% is not always recommended setting from my experience.

Please ask for more if required.

Regards,

Aman

former_member194424
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Amandeep,

As you suggested, 100% is one way but that not the best approach. I want the match to occur if word MAN matches with MAN (not MANKATO). In other words, it should be a match with the entire word.

Regards,

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satish in that case, please change the reference word which will be taken by the system. I mean, in the same area as mentioned above, you will find something in the just above section ,which mentions the word to be from SPL list and like wise other options are also there. Please select the applicable from those options. It will work for the requirement.

Regards,

Aman

former_member194424
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aman,

I'm not sure I understand your reply. Could you please rephrase your suggestion?

Thanks,

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

You will find the required settings in the same area i.e Compliance-->SPL control customization area ,where you can define reference word to be taken while screening. Please have a look into the system for more idea as told.

Regards,

Aman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

If still you are not able to find the concerned, please see the below setting screenshot for your reference.

former_member194424
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Aman,

I tried this setting before posting it here and it still finds a hit, it doesn't make any sense. Something seems to be wrong in standard SAP. Can you create a customer/vendor, if possible, with name as above and see if it finds a hit in your system?

Regards,

Satish

former_member131774
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Satish,

Have you reset buffer after changed customizing using T-code : /SAPSLL/SPL_RESET?

Best regards,

Vincent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Are you using TREX?

Thanks

Dhilipan

former_member194424
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dhilipan,

No, we're not using TREX.

Thanks,
Satish

former_member194424
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Vincent,

Yes, I did but the results are same. In fact, I did all these transactions:

1. /SAPSLL/SPL_RESET - Reset Internal Buffers
  2. /SAPSLL/SPL_ST01 - Generate Comparison Index for Master
  3. /SAPSLL/SPL_ID01 - Summarize Comparison Index for Master
  4. /SAPSLL/SPL_STBP - Generate Comparison Index for Partner

How did SAP amiss such a simple thing? I could be missing something.

Thanks,

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Can you go to the next step from the screenshot provided by Aman?

Under Detail Control- Object N1 Name- Is your Search term origin set as "Basis for Comparison exclusively from Sanctioned party list?

Keeping this as "2- Basis for Comparison the SPL and BP addresses in Parallel" can help.

Can you try this and check. Note, once you change your config in sandbox- do all the necessary buffer reset, regeneration of index etc.

Regards

Dhilipan

former_member194424
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Dhilipan,

Eureka!!!!!!!!! It worked.

Ideally, both Aman and you should be rewarded but it only allows me to mark one answer as correct so I marked Aman's as correct and yours as helpful. If there is a way to mark both as correct, please let me know.

Your help is very greatly appreciated, thanks guys.

Regards,

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dhilipan,

Here the config settings are contrasting at two levels. At first level (Screen shot from amar) says search term for comparison is business partner level and in next step you suggested to change at sub level (Name) to BASIS for comparison to both business partner and SPL entry level. How does the system take this settings in to consideration when screening?

Regards,

Bobby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bobby,

System will consider the search term origin that is setup for each Address Object like Name, City etc. First preference to settings under each Address Object(sub level). In this case, it was Name which needed that setting.

Setting it up at the top level didn't work for Satish previously. You can see his response on Nov 19, 2014 8:27 AM. After changing it for name section it worked.

Regards

Dhilipan

former_member194424
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Please note that it worked for me in GTS 10.1 (We were previously on 7.2) with most recent support package so I have all "fixes" in my system. The following are the settings for your perusal:

• SPRO->Global Trade Services->Compliance Management->Sanctioned Party List Screening->Define Control Procedure for Address Comparison

Pick your SPL legal regulation and set the Search Term Origin to 1 (Basis for Comparison           Exclusively from Business Partner). Setting it 1 makes business partner as Leading Object for           search. In the Detail Control section, for Name, set Search Term Origin as 2 (Basis for           Comparison the SPL and BP Addresses in BP)

Remember to reset the buffers and regenerate the indices.

Regards,
Satish

Answers (0)