cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overlay Screen is getting closed

0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am trying to open an overlay screen just after when I click on finish button of an transaction screen. Now what is happening, when I click on finish an overlay screen appears and immediately gets closed along with the transaction screen. When I chose an normal detail screen instead overlay, it is working fine.

Can anybody tell me how to overcome this ?

Thanks in advance,

Sujit Ghanti

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Sujit,

What client platform are you using?  Sounds like a platform bug that you probably can't overcome.  What is the purpose of this overlay screen?

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

I am using iPad platform. When user clicks on transaction screen, I want to show another screen which has only two buttons, and the scenario is, until and unless user finishes transaction I cannot ask him to click on one of those two buttons I am showing on the overlay screen.

Technically speeking, theres an action in which I am calling an transaction step and an navigation step followed by that in which I am navigating to the overlay.

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Sujit,

So you want to pop up an overlay after the transaction screen?  What is the purpose of the overlay?  Actions cannot be run from an overlay screen, so I don't see the point of the buttons on it.  Are you trying to display more data on the overlay, or is it strictly for them to make a button choice?  Overlay screens can only be used to popup some additional data.  You cannot interact with an overlay in any way other than to close it.

You should use a sub-action with a message step in your action to popup a message with two buttons.  If they accept the message, the sub-action will continue and you can take action.  If they cancel the message, the sub-action's cancel action will fire.  Place your cancel logic if any in that cancel action.  If you have no cancel logic, then you don't need to define a cancel action at all.

0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Thank you for your suggestion. It was helpful. But message buttons do not allow us to write more than 12 characters and also it is not looking good in my scenario. Coming back to the overlay, I am able to run actions mapped to the buttons displayed on overlay screen. It is working fine if I remove the transaction step which is being called before the overlay, otherwise the overlay screen is getting closed along with the transaction screen.

Temporarily I boycott the issue by taking an normal detail screen instead of an overlay. But I wanted to know what is the cause of this issue and is there any solution.

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Sujit,

What version of Agentry are you using?  Running actions from an overlay was not supported as far as I knew.  This must be a new feature of the platform.

I am not following you with the 12 character limit on messages?  You should be able to add a message step to an action and define as much message text as you like.  You mean you are trying to add a large message to the button itself?  As to why the screen is closing, sounds like an Agentry bug with your scenario of trying to pop an overlay right after a transaction closes.  Log an Agentry bug ticket with SAP if this limitation is critical to you.