Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LI21 and quality stock

former_member770378
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have done an inventory using LI01N + LI20.

In LI20 I have entered a new material (9 PC) in quality stock (SOBKZ = Q).

In LI21 when I try to create movement, I have the error message QA 495 "Change the inspection stock of material & in QM only".

I know it is not possible to do LI21 without inspection lot, but I don't know how to correct this issue.

Is it possible to transfert manually stock from quality to unrestricted ?

I think I can do LT01 to transfert stock from 999 to my WM bin, it will cancel stock, then I can do a new inventory using LI01N and with unrestricted stock. Is there an other way to correct it ?

Thanks.

Julien.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor

If i understood correctly During cycle count you found additional stock and updated the system. By using LI20 at WM level system updated the storage bin stock with 9 pc and similarly transferred the stock in 999 / Storage Bin(physical inventory document) with quality status.

if my understanding is correct then what you mentioned is correct you can use LT01 and make the stock zero by doing the adjustment in between source storage type 999/ storage bin and Physical storage type / storage bin

former_member770378
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Manish, do you know if it is the only way to correct this issue ?

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In this scenario to correct the stock in between IM/WM that is the best possible option

former_member770378
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ok thank you very much for your answer.

One last question, do you know if it is possible to generate an inspection lot when doing LI20 for quality stock Q ? I don't understand why SAP allows entering quality stock Q without generating inspection lot.

Julien.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Never came across a scenario to create Inspection lot during Physical inventory  however as far as standard are concern you can update the Q stock during physical count. i have simulated one scenario in my system and successfully able to get the end result. In my opinion check the Quality Inspection related setting in the material master

Count screen

After LI20, Execute LI21 and able to create Material document with movement type 714

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If i look at the error message QA495 then this error message comes from perform qss_pruefen (Line 68) which is being called in the include MM07MFM0_MENGE_PRUEFEN_01

if i go further then with my little knowledge of German i can see the text message which is written there is that this form

It is checked following

a) is to generate a lot ?

b ) may be carried out an inventory posting , if QM

not in play ?

Note : The form is called when adding or changing a position

My suggestion is to please talk to your QM team might be they will be able to help

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OSS note 83954 - Physical inventory of inspection stock  describes what to do for a physical inventory in MM. It has in brackets: (no LVS inventory)

But there is nowhere any note about WM and I do not see any reason why it should be much different, except that LI21 cannot bring the pop-up which is described in that note.

former_member770378
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Thank you for your example, do you have QM active for your material ?

In my system LI21 is not possible.

Julien.

former_member770378
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Thanks for reply.

Unfortunately I think it is not possible to set 05 for inspection lot origin and movement 714, this value must not be changed.

Julien.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may want to contact SAP, referring to the note and asking for a solution in case of WM. (don't forget to update here)

former_member770378
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes I'll do that, this is the best solution.

Julien.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member770378
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have open an oss message but sap said it was not an error/bug of sap product.

It is a consulting issue so they can't analyse.

So to solve the issue, we have cancelled inventory by doing a transfer to 999, and we've done a new inventory.

Thank you for your help.

I close this post.

Julien.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I just saw that SAP created a KBA on that issue:

2047706 - Error QA 495 in transaction LI21

former_member770378
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Jurgen,

Unfortunatley it doesn't help me.

SAP explain that stock must be post to unrestricted before LI21, but it doesn't explain how we can do this without inspection lot.

Regards.

Julien.

prabhu_sundararaman2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.