cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI 730 P6 H1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

do have a question related to our new future Office package Office365 Click2Run.

Actually we are running SAP GUI 730 Patch 6; Hotfix 1

I noticed SAP Note 1973324 where it's explained that we of course do need a host installation when running BEX Analyzer. We also run the Bex Webanalyzer tool and are of course aware that a "Browser stand allone Office version" wouldn't work.

What does SAP actually recommend?

I found that wiki article from Oliver Stelzer http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/BI/Complete+Installation+SAP+GUI+730+and+BEx+Frontend where he recommend to use the newest Patch of SAP GUI 730.

I like to hear what you guys out there facing when running Office365.

best regards

Alfons

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as I know, it should work with "Click-to-Run" as you are still using a locally (desktop) installed version of Office. It's the browser-based and/or cloud-hosted versions of Office 365 that cause problems. However, we are still at Office 2010 here, so I can't speak from personal experience.

PL6 HF1 is pretty old, though, and one of the things that later patches addressed was Office compatibility (as well as 32-bit vs 64-bit compatibility). I'm not sure at which patch level Office 365 compatibility was introduced, so you might double-check on that and see whether an update is recommended. Certainly lots of other fixes have come out since PL6. We're running PL8 HF1 and it seems pretty stable for us (I believe PL11 has just been released).

Regards,

Matt