cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value Mapping replication from one PI system to another?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

As part Migration project (from PI 7.0 to 7.4) , I am looking at migrating value mapping replication obejcts from one PI system to another.

VM objects are not stored in any SAP database tables. System where the values are stored is not reachabale from PI. We cannot copy cache of one PI system to another.

Is there a way to migrate all the values from one cache to another? I have created an interface (File to SOAP) to upload the values but there are 10000+ entries in the old PI cache and manually creating XML file is going to take ages.

Please suggest me some alternate way here.

Thanks in advance.

Pratibha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I don't think u can fetch values from one system's runtime cache to another.

>>System where the values are stored is not reachabale from PI.

If u can't connect sender system then atleast ask them to provide u the values in excel or csv format and then using ur interface upload values in runtime cache using VMR Interface

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Problem is this system has been here for years and business keep putting values randomly. Now, they do not have complete list of all the values and that's the risk. They asked me to refer to all the values exist in PI for the complete set.

I have managed to extract most of the values and created XML file. My interface picks up the file and updates java cache but I am not happy with the fact that this is all manual and error chances are quite high.

@ Jayaram - There are no values in ABAP stack so I cannot re-run VM job.

Regards,

Pratibha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

>>My interface picks up the file and updates java cache but I am not happy with the fact that this is all manual and error chances are quite high.

Your point is valid, but it's always assumed that VMR key value pairs will be stored in the source application which would provide data in csv/excel/xml  format and pushing it to PI runtime cache.

But, since, it's missing in ur case so i don't see much options for u...

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you Amit!

I knew what I was doing but it's always nice to have expert opinion 🙂

Regards,

Pratibha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pratibha,

Can you check from ABAP Side to re run the VMR job to send all entries instead of Modified/Deleted to PI 7.4 system.

Thanks

Jayaram

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why don't you export value mapping groups to tpz file(file transport) and then import in your target system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh,

These are value mapping replication objects so I do not have any configuration objects in Integration builder.

Regards,

Pratibha