Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to control Price field in ME21N through object level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Need to control User access to field like Prices in PO (ME21N / ME22N/ ME23N) based on plant and document Type.

For above requirement , i have created a temporary role and i am able to control Document Type through object in Roles and Plant through Organazation value authorization. But based on above control , i need to make the user to restrict Price field .

For Example : User1 should not able to modify price in ME21N for NB Document Type, however the same user should be able to modify price in

other plants for ZANB Document Type. Similarly another user in another plant should be able to modify prices in ME21N for all document Types.            

If  there is no posibility in Security Level authorization, any possibility to control this restriction through script level(modifying Standard Script like Badi etc).

Can any one suggest how to make restriction on Price field. 

BR,

Murali

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

It is not possible to restrict users on price field in ME21n etc. You need to build user exit for it.

Thanks

Asad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pricing access for ME21/22/23N is controlled through the M_BEST_* objects through activity 09.

I've only used them to toggle price/no price so not sure how granular they can go - looking at the object descriptions I think you may be able to achieve sufficient restriction but I have not tested this.

Cheers