cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving Auxiliary key figure's data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I found this sentence, "In demand planning you cannot save auxiliary key figures. (In SNP you can save to the database)" in <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/ff/4d573935472237e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm">Planning Book Maintenance</a> in V5 help.sap.com.

I found the samething in v4 <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm40/helpdata/en/ff/4d573935472237e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm">v4 planning book maintenance</a>

As far as I know, data in auxiliary key figures is run time and cannot be stored in database.

How can we do this?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

eSkill
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Visu,

if you want to save a auxiliary key figures you could save the values into a LiveCache key figure with a macro which is called at the EXIT event.

Have fun!

Carsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carsten,

"you could save the values into a LiveCache key figure with a macro which is called at the EXIT event."

Can you explain a little more about this please? Are you saving this on to another key figure? Where in the live cache do you save? What function can you use for this?

Thanks a lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

create one more KF(not auxiliary) KFnew.

copy that auxiliary KF to KFnew using KFnew = Auxialiary KF in a macro..

keep this macro in the exit event...

but in the above case, when you are creating another KF to copy the values of auxiliary KF, then there is no need of using auxiliary KF...there is no purpose of it...

what do you say Carsten!!!!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Visu,

The functionality has not changed between 4.0 and 5.0 on this.

I think the docu you found is missleading on this, however the 'F1' help on the checkbox 'save in database' best answers your question:

"As of SAP SCM 4.0, this indicator is no longer available. You can create auxiliary key figures only temporarily for display in interactive planning, but you cannot save them in the database."

Saving data on AUX keyfigures is not possible, they can only be used as run time.

I hope this answers your question on this.

Kind regards,

Nadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any suggestions please?