Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict PR creation in Network Activity

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I would like to restrict PR creation in Network Activity (External & Service), but Activity elements should be allowed to create PR.

I cannot go by changing the setting from Immi to Never, since this will affect Activity elements also.

Do we have any user exist or config or so to restrict it ?

Thanks

Terence

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member210872
Participant
0 Kudos

Using below way you may resolve your purpose.

Create internal Activity say E.g  "A"

Create activity element of type SERVICE under internal activity “A” Say E.g "B&C".

Now once you release the main internal activity "A".

You will get the service PR for only B&C.

thanks

Dnyaneshwar

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dnyaneshwar,

My ultimate requirement is to utilize the Service Activity and Service Activity elements, since we cannot stop PR getting generated for the activity if i have assigned activity elements, i need an option to restrict PR at activity.

I want to know exact importance of providing the concept of activity and activity elements in SAP PS.

You can include multiple services (activity elements) under a single activity, then the single activity should not allow to create PR.

Regards

Terence

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

have you tried user status at activity level and restrict it?

regards

Sammar

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sammar,

User status affects the network header only rite.

Do we have user status at activity level ?

Regards

Terence

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

yes we do have user statuses for the Activity as well. You just have to choose activity element as well as network header in the OK02 object type..

give it a try and see how it goes...

Regards

Sammar

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sammar,

I have tried the network activity type, but the user status does not control the PR creation under the activitiy.

I have created a user status and included object types Network Header and Network activities. In the business transaction i have included Material Purchase Requisition is forbidden, but still i am able to create the PR.

Also there is no option for external service PR, how can we can control that ?

Regards

Terence

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Terence,

I don't think we have anything specific for the Service Activity or Service PR when it comes to restricting the PR creation from activity using user statuses.

I think there is a contradiction happening in your case, as the setting for PR is at immediate.  I think even before the user status sets in the PR is already created.. Can you make it as upon Release of the activity?

You may try and see if this user exits helps you in anyway.. COZF0001 and FM EXIT_SAPLCOZF_001.

Hope it helps..

regards

Sammar

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sammar,

Will explore on the user exit. Thanks.

I am still doubt how other clients are using the network activity and activity element, they should have the same problem, how they are overcoming it, no idea.

Thanks

Terence