cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download to Excel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there a way to export to Excel into local PC by clicking one button in web dynpro, without being shown pop-up asking want to open/save/cancel the document ?

So, I could pre-format the path + filename, then pass that info, and the Excel file created in background, in local PC.

Thanks to you all.

Sincerely,

Tony

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member758419
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

This Thread might help u,

Regards,

Sachi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachi,

Thanks for the link and your suggestion.

I have seen thread provided by your link below. I am trying the solution now, however, based on the reply from the solution, seems like the result will open the file in another window.

As I have written above, my case is difference, in terms of I need to save the file quietly in the background without my browser asking open/save/cancel, and I don't need to open the file in order for user to save.

Frankly, I don't know whether it is possible or not.

Thanks anyway.

Sincerely,

Tony

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Tony,

Did you find a solution for your questtion, I have the same issue right now.

Your Question is

Hi,

Is there a way to export to Excel into local PC by clicking one button in web dynpro, without being shown pop-up asking want to open/save/cancel the document ?

So, I could pre-format the path + filename, then pass that info, and the Excel file created in background, in local PC.

Thanks to you all.

Sincerely,

Tony

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

I would request you to search through this forum using keywords "excel" "download" and i am sure you will find answer to this query of yours .. this issue has been discussed a few times and hence thought i would let you know of same ..

Please do close this thread if your issue gets resolved.

Regards,

Anoop