cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP QM - Batches on QHold.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear QM folks,

I have an issue from user as below - kindly advise....

Batch of 1 material (824044) into plant 5305 was received from and STO using MBOA.  The batch in question, H13F28071A, went onto Qhold.  the batch could not be seen in QE51N to remove from Qhold (make a Usage decision) bc there is was no inspection plan set up.

The QM of this this SKU was not set up correctly for plant 5305, so we asked that the batch be backed out and we changed the QM tab to remove the 01 inpsection type, leaving only the 89 and made sure the post to inspection stock box was not checked.  The batch was re-received and still went to inspection stock.  We then asked that they reverse the receipt again and set up an inspection plan for this SKU at this location to see if we could remove the batch from Qhold, if it went back to this status / of it was listed in QE51N.

Once again, when the batch was re-received it posted to inspection stock and we have no way to remove it.  We need to remove this batch from Qhold and get it to unrestricted status ASAP to consume some inventory of SKU 824044 against a process order.  We also need to make sure this problem does not keep happening.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Let us understand the process steps,

1. An STO is created.
  2. GR for the Batch is created in receiving plant
  3. Stock is posted to Q stock.
  4. Now it is realized that it is not correct, the stock must go to Unrestricted directly instead of Q stock.
  5. So now you reverse every thing
  6. Corrected material master
  7. Now again you did the goods receipt.
  8. But again it is going to Q stock.

If above steps are correct, then I would say you need to change the "Stock type" for the item in your STO also.

As, when the STO is created in step # 1, it reads the stock type from material master.

And after creating the STO, if you updated the materials master, it will not replicated the changes in existing STO.

So,

Go to STO change transaction (normally it can be changed using ME22N) and then go to item details, and Go to Delivery Tab, and change the field "STOCK TYPE", select value as Unrestricted.

Now, try to post GR again (Make sure in GR also @ item level details, it is reading the correct stock type posting)

I hope it will serve to fulfill your requirement.

Br,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shyamal,

What is STO ?

where in material master can i view the stock type ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

CORRECTION:- Check the field STOCK TYPE in Purchase Order, not in material master.

STO is also one type of Purchase order, as you have used the word STO (I thought you are talking about Stock Transfer Order, but now I realize you are receiving the batch against Purchase order)

Br,

Shyamal

Answers (0)