cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCO Return Type error for BAPI_GOODSMVT_CREATE

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm working against a 4.6c instance using the BAPI_GOODSMVT_CREATE to do a 261 movement type. When running through Xacute, I am getting the attached Return message:

<RETURN>
<item>
<TYPE>E</TYPE>
<ID>M3</ID>
<NUMBER>351</NUMBER>
<MESSAGE>Material not maintained in plant 0066</MESSAGE>
<LOG_NO />
<LOG_MSG_NO>000000</LOG_MSG_NO>
<MESSAGE_V1 />
<MESSAGE_V2>0066</MESSAGE_V2>
<MESSAGE_V3 />
<MESSAGE_V4 />
<PARAMETER>GOODSMVT_ITEM</PARAMETER>
<ROW>1</ROW>
<FIELD />
<SYSTEM>QAS150</SYSTEM>
</item>
</RETURN>

I know for sure that this item is maintained in this plant as I can perform the 261 through SAP GUI and through ABAP. Has anyone else run into this problem? There is an OSS note (570790) for this BAPI, but I think this patch has already been applied.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you connected using the correct client ID/system number info? That would be my first suggestion.

Second would be, are you properly formatting the material number (e.g. zero padded and or space padded as needed)?

- Rick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rick - thanks for your quick response.

I'm fairly confident I have the right config as I can do other BAPIs without any problems. I did check the material number as well; it is zero padded correctly - again I believe.

I could be wrong. I have someone looking into the patch in the OSS note. Perhaps that is the answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Confirmed, the patch listed in the OSS note has been applied and I am still getting this error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are the man.

zero padding was my problem on both the material number and the order number. The data that I had gotten to test with already had some left zeros, but not nearly enough.

Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

HTH, Ryan.

Answers (0)