cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BRF+ Workflow - Loop Until

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a requirement wherein dynamically a list of approvers will be identified and work items send to them sequentially. I thought of USMD_SSW_DYNAMIC_AGENT_SELECT but it determines agent for single step. In my case the number of steps is dynamic, apart from dynamic agent selection.

So for one change request A and B are approvers for a requestor X. Work item goes to A who approves, then goes to B. If any one rejects, it goes to requestor.

Another change request A, B and C as approvers for a requestor Y. Work item goes to A who approves, then goes to B, who approvers then goes to C. If any one rejects, it goes to requestor.

Above is similar to any purchase order SRM N+ workflow, but how do we implement them in BRF+?

My question is does BRF+ workflow support Loop Until? If not, then using Call Subworkflow option in Non User agent decision table (will create ABAP Workflow with approval step, loop for all users one by one till reject encountered OR all approved) how do I pass back ACTION result to the BRF+ Single value decision table?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use a sub-workflow that executes the dynamic N+ steps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using Call Subworkflow option in Non User agent decision table (will create ABAP Workflow with approval step, loop for all users one by one till reject encountered OR all approved) how do I pass back ACTION result to the BRF+ Single value decision table? I want reject should send workflow to the requestor AND on all approvals in subworkflow should go to next set of BRF+ approval steps. I need action code passed from subworkflow to the Rule based workflow, but how do we get it? Checked the CALL SUBWORKFLOW binding with the class, it is not bound to EV_ACTION though the workflow task has it. CALL SYSTEM METHOD however has binding with the ACTION but it is unfortunately a background system task not a dialog one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Take a look at how WS60800086 calls the sub-workflow. There is a results variable that you need to pass back and you also need to raise a sub-workflow completed event. Your custom sub-workflow template should set the output result as you like: you can return 10 for all approved and 20 for rejected; you can return 1 and 2; it is up to you as long as the main BRF+ workflow handles the return code correctly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please confirm the MDG 7.0 supports subworkflow with dialog? I read somewhere SAP has stopped supporting this.

Answers (0)