Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross- docking step by step

hongminh119
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I am testing Cross- docking function of SAP, therefore, I try to find the step- by-step user guide to do it. There are many thread in SCN forum, however, there is no clear enough document for me to configuration and testing it.

I want to test 2 cases: one step cross-docking (CD) and two steps CD.

1. Could anybody give me step by step (include Tcode) to do each case? (for example, for two steps case, we create PO (ME21N), Inbound delivery (VL31N), SO (VA01), DO (VL01N), Planned CD (LXDCK).....)

2. Could you show me where to monitor, because after step Planned CD, Tcode LXDCK, I create the decision. However, after Goods receive related to Inbound, I couldn't see the decision, it disapperance, I can't find it. Is there any place to show me the relationship between Inbound delivery and outbound delivery?

3. In configuration, I only config in: Logistics Execution -->Warehouse Management -->Cross-docking -->General Settings. Here I choose it is one step CD or two steps CD. Is there any other place to config it?

Thank you in advance,

Hongminh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

poorna_yalamanchili
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hong Minh.

I'm facing the same problem!

did you already find the solution?

Can you share it please?

Thanks a lot!

hongminh119
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Please help, I still waiting and looking for the answer.

thank you.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What are the customization setting you did in your system and let us know which steps you getting the issue or not able to understand.

With regard the Two step, Below mentioned SAP link depicts about the business process and node where you are supposed to activate the Two step Cross docking

Two-Step Cross-Docking - Cross-Docking (LE-WM-DCK) - SAP Library

Planned Cross-Docking - Cross-Docking (LE-WM-DCK) - SAP Library

hongminh119
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Manish Kumar,

I- I read in some thread, the said the step by step to do two steps CD as below:

1. Create Inbound delivery (Tcode VL31N)

2. Create Outbound delivery (Tcode VL01N)

3. Planned cross docking (create decision link between Inbound delivery and Outbound delivery created from step 1 to 2)

4. Create Put away TO for inbound delivery

5. Confirm TO for Inbound delivery

6. Create TO for Outbound delivery

7. Confirm TO for Outbound delivery

After confirm TO, I can't find the decision I have created at step 3- Planned cross docking. How can I see this decision? in which Tcode?, because in LXDCK, the decision is disapperance after confirm TO

II- Can you list out step to do the One step CD? They said that there is only 1 TO, after confirm, it will update in both Inbound delivery and Outbound delivery. I don't know how to create that TO, because I see that I only can create TO for Inbound or TO for Outbound, can't create TO for both Inbound and Outbound. Whether we have another Tcode to create it? or how to update quantity in both Inbound and outbound, how to link Inbound and Outbound?

Please guide me.

Thank you very much.

Hongminh

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

are you looking steps for one step CD or Two Step cross docking . To my knowledge Planned cross docking comes under Two Step CD, if you are looking solution for One Step CD then follow the below standard SAP link for detail

Opportunistic Cross-Docking - Cross-Docking (LE-WM-DCK) - SAP Library

hongminh119
Explorer
0 Kudos

I'm testing both one step and two steps now. I have already read all document related to Cross docking in help.sap.com, about one step CD, two step, Planned CD, Oppotunistic, Transportation CD....

therefore, I want to test both one step CD and two step. One these link you gave, I've already read all but I can't find information I need, as my question below. If you tested for any case, or know about that, please give answer for these question:

I- I read in some thread, the said the step by step to do two steps CD as below:

1. Create Inbound delivery (Tcode VL31N)

2. Create Outbound delivery (Tcode VL01N)

3. Planned cross docking (create decision link between Inbound delivery and Outbound delivery created from step 1 to 2)

4. Create Put away TO for inbound delivery

5. Confirm TO for Inbound delivery

6. Create TO for Outbound delivery

7. Confirm TO for Outbound delivery

After confirm TO, I can't find the decision I have created at step 3- Planned cross docking. How can I see this decision? in which Tcode?, because in LXDCK, the decision is disapperance after confirm TO

II- Can you list out step to do the One step CD (include Tcode)? They said that there is only 1 TO, after confirm, it will update in both Inbound delivery and Outbound delivery. I don't know how to create that TO, because I see that I only can create TO for Inbound or TO for Outbound, can't create TO for both Inbound and Outbound. Whether we have another Tcode to create it? or how to update quantity in both Inbound and outbound, how to link Inbound and Outbound?

hongminh119
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear expert,

I still waiting for the answer. Could anybody help me to list the process flow tcode of one step CD, and show me the link between inbound and outbound, and guide me how to create one TO to update both inbound and outbound in one step case. Please list here, not only give me link of document of help.sap.com, because I don't find out the answer in these page.

Thank you very much.

Hongminh

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Step by step guide can be found in Best Practices in help.sap.com

or with Google: "cross docking"  "best practice"  site:help.sap.com

hongminh119
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Before posted thread here, I try to find both in forum, SAP library document, Google search. Some helpful but not enough, for example from this: , Cross-Docking (CD) - SAP Library...

Actually It seems not clear and I am looking for some document can tell me step by step to do one step CD, two step CD, the document flow and how to check it when you processed, because I see that when I finish to Goods receive and goods issue, I can't see the link between Inbound delivery and Outbound delivery anymore.

If you know where to answer that, please help and share me.

Thank you very much.

Hongminh