cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Import Provisiong Framework 2 for SP9

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

We are upgrading our system to SP 9 and have hit a bump trying to update the existing 7.2.0.0 provisioning framework to SP 9 provisioning framework 2.

• We are following the steps listed in the framework 2 config guide.  We have updated all components to SP 9
  • We have stopped the dispatcher on the target upgrade machine
  • We attempt to import SAP Provisioning Framework Version 2.mcc from the templates folder
  • We get the following waring,"the import file contains an older db version than the database."    Our SP 9 upgrade is from SAP service place so I am uncertain why there would be a schema mismatch.                                             

• The schema on the import are the following:                        

• The import gets just about all the way through then bombs:         

• The final bit of the logs says:

17.11.2014 21:42:16 :I:Updating job '3197/UnAssignUserFromADSGroup'

17.11.2014 21:42:17 :I:Jobs to be enabled:139 disabled:0

17.11.2014 21:42:18 :I:enabled jobs

17.11.2014 21:42:18 :I:Will update 139 dispatchere link references

17.11.2014 21:42:18 :F:Could not import job to Identity Center

17.11.2014 21:42:18 :I:Rolling back

• If we do a straight import of the framework into a a brand new machine it goes in without problem.  We still get to the warning on the schema version mismatch though.
  • The existing provisioning framework "1" on the target machine has little customization so we are not concerned with keeping any customizations

Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome!

Thanks,

Scott

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Scott,

Just to confirm, you are using the PF2 import from your SP9 install archives?

Same Java version and driver version between the systems you referenced above? I've seen that make a difference sometimes.

You might need to open a note on this if it comes down to the a difference in the versions.

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Matt, both the JVM versions are the same.  The only difference is that on the one where we got PF2 to successfully import there was no PF1.  On the server where we have a problem, we are just trying to updgrade PF1 to PF2.  This is where we get the error at the end of the log above.

We haven't done a whole lot yet on the machine with PF1.  Do we have the option to just delete PF1 and do a net new import of PF2 or is it recommended to go through the PF upgrade process instead?

Thanks,

Scott

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Scott,

I don't know if you can. any ideas on this?

Matt

normann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Scott,

I don't see a reason why you need PF1. You can just import PF2 if there is not much customizing done by you.

2 Questions:

• You updating from SP0 to 9 including update of your provisioning framework - but you have not done much of configuration yet. Do you have data in the system already? If you don't have any data in the system you can just start with SP9. SP0 was some kind of ramp up release and I would not be surprised that your problems have something to do with that.
  • Have you tried getting some more output of transport tool as described in note 1436169?

Cheers

Norman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Norman appreciate the thoughts here.  I will take a look at the note you referenced.  In the system that has PF1, we have a little data but haven't made a great deal of headway so it isn't anything that we can live without.

My question is, can we just delete the existing PF1 in the problem system and import PF2 without problem?  We have less than 10 users and a handful of privs.  I would be fine just deleting PF1 if I could get confirmation that this is a safe route.  I would like to avoid opening an OSS ticket since it might take a very long time to get a meaningful response from SAP.

Thanks,

Scott

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Scott,

I don't see any issue with dropping PF1.  It won't do anything to your existing data except make some of your audit entries meaningless, and you can always follow SAP procedures for clearing the audit.

Matt