cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas: Offline script editor

0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

My inquiry comes after having developed a number of Personas scripts right from within the Personas Edit mode, which was improved in 2.0 (thanks); but still it becomes quite challenging to edit large scripts (50+ lines).

Understanding that the newest version 3.0 has better way to edit scritps, I was wondering if there's some sort of aiding tool (application) which I can use to edit (and document) these Personas scripts.

Any suggestion are greatly appreciate it.

Pascual Sgro

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Version 3 scripting is Javascript. The native editor is OK, but for long or complex scripts the window just isn't big enough and I prefer using an external editor. Any Javascript editor should do - I use Komodo Edit on my Mac. There's no interface to external editors beyond copy/paste but that works well enough.

Of course, in an external editor there's no connection back to SAP and things like the object inspector to generate ObjectIDs for screen objects.

If we could pop-up the script editor into a separate window that could then be made larger, that would go a long way to avoiding the need to use an external editor...

Steve.

0 Kudos

Thank you, Steve.

Answers (0)