cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning Notification in Syclo work manager based on roles

CRVMANISH
Contributor
0 Kudos

Can we do filter in following way in syclo configuration. Syclo User1 : Receives Notification based on plant, he then assign works center, notification is removed from Syclo user1. Syclo User2 : Now User2 should download same notification which is assigned by user1. Regards Manish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

i834235
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Manish,

What is your use case for assigning notification on Adhoc basis ? 

You need to understand all the user cases/scenarios before implementing any changes.

1) What if both user 1 and user 2  are offline.

2) What if user 2 is offline and when  user 1 changes assignment ?

3) Where u want to store assignment type that each user is changing ?

4) What if both users change assignment at the same ?  which user  takes the precedence ?

There are no options available in standard  product but it  is going to be enhancement or custom development  to Notification MDO/class handler object.

Thanks

Manju,

CRVMANISH
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manju,

Thanks for reply.

User1 will download notification based on plant.

User1 will then assign  maintenance work center then it will get assign to user2 and it will get removed from user1 and synchronize so user2 can download.

#1 #2 Same notification will not be with user1 and user2 at a time, so it should work offline.

#3 Assignment for user1 will be based on plant and user2 will be based on maintenance work center. #3 answers #4.

Regards

Manish

i834235
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Manish,

Your making some assumption  which you need review before implementing any solutions including offline scenario's. e.g. ; WC is to linked plant .    When you assign to plant, all WC related notifications also  will  be downloaded. WC-> plant...(many to one relationship).

One of the option I can think of.....Make notification download user initiated on need basis. i.e  Instead of Mobile client pulling notifications from SAP backend based on assignment model, users will decide how they want to download notifications. Based on user selection you need to  initiate download of notifications.

I'm not completely clear with requirement why and how user1 decides what user2 should get and what if user2 is offline or not connected ?  how will you make sure that  user2 will not assign notifications to user1.

Take look at transfer work order functionality on similar basis you can implement notification transfer feature.   It is going to be complete new enhancement to meet your requirement...

Thanks

Manju - SAP CEG Group.

CRVMANISH
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manju,

Thanks for the reply.

I understand , download based on plant will not work.So we are not considering plant now.

Here is the requirement

#1 Break down notification is created in SAP.

#2 First the notification should go to Engineer in syclo( Based on Maintenance work center).

#3 Work Center is used for assignment ( Engineer, technicians are work centers)

#4 Engineer will re-assign Notification to Technician ( Means engineer will change work center to technician work center).

Engineer and technician will have mobile device with syclo WM.

Notification should get removed from engineer after assignment to technician so that override does not happen while synchronization.

How can we make notification download user initiated? Please suggest.

Regards

Manish

i834235
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Manish,

Your  requirement is some what  clear now.   You don't need follow  route of user initiated download of notifications.  Instead take a look at Work Order transfer option, I think you  need to mimic that functionality for  notification.   In your case it will be change of work center.

i.e.  once engineer download notifications, he/she can transfer notification to other technicians ( by changing work center of the selected notification.

Thanks

Manju.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manju,

How do we transfer notification based on Work Center, Standard work manager does not updated main work center.

Please let us know how to transfer notification based on work center.

Because when we transfer work order using work center, it first transfer the notification and when it transfer notification, it does not have the update Function module to update main work center and also when we transfer using work center, Notification consider partner value as work center value and tries to update which system throws error because it both does not match.

Please respond.

Thanks,

Madhur Kanungo

i834235
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Can you please open-up separate thread  and post your question ?

Thanks

Manju.