cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB2 Backups not listed in DB12

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I am new to DB2 and just got the TDP for DB2 backups/logging working using the command line, not DB13 I am still working on that.

backom -c b_db -a <SID> -S 1 -O

I am having one small issue now. In DB12 I can see the Archive logs that have been sent to Tivoli, but I do not see any of the online backups I have run listed. I have having verified the backup and archives are working by checking the db2diag.log, backom.log and tdpdb2.<SID>.NODE0000.log logs. I also checked within DB2 using command: db2 list history backup all for <SID>

I checked file permissions and this does not seem to be an issue. Although not being familiar with DB2 I am not 100 percent sure, seems Oracle had more options to test/verify with using brtools than DB2 does.

I also checked SAP Note: 1456402 DB6: DBA Cockpit Corrections for SAP Basis 7.02/7.30/7.31/7.40 but do not see anything specific to this issue listed in the sap notes for DB6 DBA Cockpit.

NetWeaver 7.3 - SAP_BASIS 730 0011 SAPKB73011 SAP Basis Component

Kernel: 721, patch level: 201

DB2: DB6 - 09.07.0006

I thought it odd the Archive logs will be listed but not the backups in DB12. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

Could you check below SAP note corrections.

SAP Note 993003 - DB6: Log files are no longer displayed

SAP Note 1167368 - DB6: Log files are displayed incorrectly

SAP Note 1425941 - DB2-z/OS:CCMS: DB12: New analysis not possible

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

I looked at OSS Note:  993003 and came to the conclusion, this was a new install of the backup application so did not have prior backups to cause a mix up, also the Basis version is SAP_BASIS 730.

As for OSS Note: 1167368 we are only using log method one and am not simultaneously saving on several media.

Lastly, for OSS Note: 1425941 there is no error/warning message at all. Just nothing displayed on the backup tab in DB12, but logs are listed in the Archive log tab.

Thank you for the help though

To add to the confusion, a backup cancelled last night and that cancelled backup showed up in DB12 but the prior successful ones have not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you check in SM37 if the following job has been scheduled:  SAP_COLLECTOR_FOR_PERFMONITOR"

It should be scheduled hourly in client 000 with user DDIC.

If any of these are wrong it could lead to the incorrect reporting.

Asad

Former Member
0 Kudos

I verified the SAP_COLLECTOR_FOR_PERFMONITOR was running hourly in client 000 as DDIC but thank you.