Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

{e} vs {d}

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I'm having an issue with IDM 7.2 SP8 running on a SQL Server Database on a system that I have inherited. I'm doing some post go-live cleanup and was not here for the design or initial implementation.

During de-provisioning, we use the {D} with {DIRECT_REFERENCE=1} operator to remove all SAP Privileges, followed by a separate task with the  {e} operator to remove the only privilege.

However we're seeing that not all of the privileges are dropping from IDM and the backend.

Does anyone have an idea on how to improve this process? I'm getting a feeling that there's a conflict with the two methods.

However I thought that all we needed to do was remove the system's ONLY privilege and then all related privileges would also be dropped and that this should be accompanied by the removal of ACCOUNT[SYSTEMNAME] attribute.

What best practices are you using for removing a user from a SAP  system?

Thanks,

Matt

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Checkk that the remaining privileges are not inherited from roles and that they are not still waiting for approval on initial assignment. Also consider using e or E not just on the only privilege if your users have pending future assignments as they are not touched by the {D} operator

{E} - Same as {R}, but also removes any pending values (values with a future ValidFrom).

{e} - Same as {d}, but also removes any pending values (values with a future ValidFrom) matching the given value (case-sensitive).  If no value is given, all values are removed.

Br,

Per Christian

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you, Per Christian,

I believe all privileges are direct and we are not using roles so that "should" simplify things.

We are currently using {e}, but maybe going to {E} would make sense.

Thanks,

Matthew

Answers (0)