Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quality Inspection is Active - due to that TR to TO not happening

former_member318507
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Quality Inspection is Active -  due to that TR to TO not happening, and the stock are lying @ 902 ST.

But able to post manually using LT04 with few radio button options, and need to manually select " place in to stock ".

But still the stock are placed in the desired ST , but still in quality stock. Unable to bring to unrestricted use.

Tried MIGO 321 MT and getting error that

"Change the inspection stock of material XXXX in QM only "

What is the STD SAP steps to be followed inorder to convert TR to TO automatically in this case.

What is the steps to bring the stock from quality to unrestricted?

Any setting is missing? Or do we need to use QA11 or QA30? or what is the STD SAP process?

Unable to test/use QA11 or QA32 , getting error for usage decision " The function you selected cannot be carried out ".

Thankyou,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if quality inspection is active then at the time of receipt system should create inspection lot and the subsequent process is that you are supposed to take the usage decision so that internally system will perform the Posting change and transfer the stock from Quality to Unrestricted

I am not sure why you are looking for Transfer Requirement, Any Quant related characteristic change trigger the PCN here in this case you are planning to transfer the stock from Quality to Unrestricted so it will create PCN 

former_member318507
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Manish,

If QI is not active for material: Then after GR, it creates TR and place in 902 ST, then TR to TO happens immediately and TO get confirmed. After that we are able the see the stock in XXX ST, unrestricted use.

But If QI is active for material: then the stock are lying @ 902 ST (Quality stock). What is the STD SAP process to move to XXX ST. No idea how to the system behaves when QI is active.

But I am able to move to 902 to XXX ST manually by creation TO, but still it is available in quality stock not in unrestricted use.

Please let me know the T.code or the steps to move to XXX ST unrestricted use. And possible way of automation or single steps.

Tried to test/use QA11 or QA32 , getting error for usage decision " The function you selected cannot be carried out ".

Tried MIGO 321 MT and getting error that

"Change the inspection stock of material XXXX in QM only "

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

when you are trying to create TO from TR system propose the Destination storage bin automatically ?

if no, then you need to check whether the storage type search strategy for stock category Q is maintained or not

Also have a look on the QM setting under LE----WM ----Interface ----Define Quality Management

what is the value maintained there, with option 3 system should allow the storage in warehouse

former_member318507
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thankyou Manish, it has solved 1st part of the problem,

But when I do QA12 to move the stock from quality stock to unrestricted use, I get the below error.

Please note RG1 is the WH # not the bin, already the stock is available in desired ST and storage

bin.I just need to move from quality to unrestricted. Appreciate your reply.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

do you see the space behind the warehouse number?

This is supposed to be the storage type and the  bin.

Check the message L9 009 in SE91 and you will see that it has several & which are the place holders for the variable entries

So translated it just means it does not find a blank bin in a blank storage type.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As suggested by Jurgen, after the warehouse number, Storage type and Storage bin should appear. Please check whether the storage type and bin which you mention exist in the warehouse

This error message come from below include at line 54, before that at line 45 system check whether the storage type  / Storage bin exist in the warehouse ?

former_member318507
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manish, Jurgen,

The storage type and bin already exist in the WH,

Example:Stock is already available @ WH: RG1, ST: A** and Bin: T***,(but in quality stock)

Now I am just trying to do posting changes ie move stock from quality to unrestricted.

Checked ST search stragegy also, everything looks fine.

Now sure which setting or master data-set-up missing.

Background: Initially quality TR to TO was not happening, due to that moved the stocks manually

from 902 to A** (quality), using LT04.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if SAP cannot determine the quants itself, then you have to select them manually in LU04

former_member318507
Active Participant
0 Kudos

when i tried manually in LU04, no entry exists.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you post a screen shot from LS26 to see how the complete situation is

former_member318507
Active Participant
0 Kudos
JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have nothing else than Q stock. you have no open posting change.

Can you add a screen shot from MMBE, just to double check whether the  stock is in Q status there too.

Can it be that you activated QM while you had Q stock status in your location?

former_member318507
Active Participant
0 Kudos
JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok. both in Q status. Now you need to start in QM to make a usage decision.

Find your open inspection lot

Answers (0)