Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding new field to BP transaction by append

Sven
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Community,

I appended the structure BUS_RESULT_TC to be able to have "SAP Customer number" in BP transaction, VAR scenario. Any ideas which table should be appended also to store and read that data from, possibly automatically, without modification or with minimum modifications. It should be append because synchronization job is overwriting standard fields. There is CRM help documentation, Enhancements with the Easy Enhancement Workbench in SAP CRM and

Adding New Fields to the Business Partner, any experience with that?

Kind regards, Sven

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sven,

Hope you are using the new AET tool .

Refeer the below blog :

Sven
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jignesh, thanks, great tool. I was able to append BUT000 table with my field with generated name ZZAFLD000000 in minutes. Just a few issues:

1. In the configuration tool directly, expert mode, I was not able to use already existing data element, check table, and search help. (not a problem, can change that later in SE11)
  2. In CRM_UI, Master Data -> Accounts how to get that filed in Result List:?
  3. Appending structure BUS_RESULT_TC with new filed in BUT000 gives wrong data from filed DESCRIPTION, instead from the new ZZAFLD000000. Any ideas?

Overall, I'm impressed with AET.

Kind regards, Sven

Sven
Participant
0 Kudos

concerning 3) Class CL_BUPA_DIALOG_SEARCHER method GET_TABLE_LINES,

CALL METHOD lcl_partner=>read_description... 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Appending structure BUS_RESULT_TC with new filed in BUT000 gives wrong data from filed DESCRIPTION, instead from the new ZZAFLD000000. Any ideas?

For the above you should select include in Search and search result while creating fld in AET.

Sven
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jignesh, unfortunately can't change that field "Search Relevance":

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sven,

Yes you may not be able to change if your fields were created not using AET, if created using AET then click in Enable Expert Mode in Edit mode and you should be able to edit the search & result list.

Sven
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jignesh, thanks, you are right, in Expert mode I can add domain. Input help works over Check Table, but standard (ABAP) Search Helps are not compatible, giving the errors below.

Answers (0)