cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OData service is missing in sicf and 'activate and maintain service'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts.

We moved to Product system and I am trying to configure Fiori MyTimesheet application in it. The problem is that service for this app is missing. According to guides after RFC Connection (which was successful as I can access ERP system through NetWeaver) and System Alias configuration with transaction /IWFND/maint_service I should be able to add SRA001_timesheet_srv service. But it is missing in list of suggested service. Here is image

Also I can't find it in ' transaction SICF-> sap-> opu-> odata-> sap '.

At the same time I successfully added Launchpad, Pagebuileder and Transport services. May be application's service should be added in some other way?

Waiting for your advices.

Best Regards.

P.S. The main issue for me is that previous develop and quality system were configured not by me. I done everything by guide step by step but the result is negative...

rakesh_94
Participant
0 Kudos

Solution : If you didn't find Standard FIORI OData in Front End SICF node.

Copy the ODdata service name and activate in front end Fiori system /n/iwfnd/maint_service.

once it get activated go to t-code = SICF (to activate the node or check its activated or not) .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vachik,

Ideally you should be able to see the service in /iwfnd/maint_service if u have transported all the necessary objects to Production System.

No need to add it again. U just have to activate it.

According to me the reason why u r unable to see the service in /iwfnd/main_service is because some how this is missed while transporting to Production System.

Please try the below and check :

U need to lock the entries of /IWFND/V_MGDEAM (Assign SAP System Aliases to OData Service) in a TR and release to the appropriate system.

The service which u think is missing in /iwfnd/maint_service of Production System, lock only that and release.

Once it is transported, go to /iwfnd/maint_service in the Production System and activate the service.

Regards,

Ashwin

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vachik,

Did you click on"Add Service" and add service?

regards

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Krishna,

that was the first thing I tryed to do. No any alias stores service SRA002_timesheet_srv.

Best Regards,

Vachik.

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Here is how you can solve it.

There are three logical changes here..

1. Activating the Service

2. New System Alias

3. Linking service with System Alias.

Ideally, when you transport a service, the service will be active in Production, but system alias will not be available. In your case, you do not even have service activated. So I would suggest you to unregister the service in Dev, register it again, thus capture this change in a transport, then move to production.

Now you will have the service activated in Production, but without a system alias. Now create a new system alias in Production. This should be possible in Production due to the IMG settings and SCC4 settings.

Now in /IWFND/MAINT_SERVICE, you need to associate the activated service with this new system alias.

regards

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Krishna,

Thx for reply

What do you mean by unregister service? Deactivete it?

Best Regard,

Vachik.

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In /IWFND/MAINT_SERVICE, select the service by clicking on it.

->Delete the assigned System Alias (bottom right)

->Deactivate the OData node (bottom left)

->Delete the service by clicking the Delete button.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Krishna!

The problem is that service doesn't exist in list of Backend Services in D system. So I don't understand how I can add it back after delete...

Best Regards,

Vachik Tevosian

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the service is already added, then it will not be shown in the Add Service activity. Once you delete it, it will start showing in the "Add" option.