cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in Tabstrip Webdynpro ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frnds,

Am new to Webdynpro ABAP, I am working on Tabstrip control, i have some problems while navigating between Tabs in Tabstrip.

My Scenario:

I have two tabs in Tabstrip, each contains,

1. Label and Input Field as Mandatory.

2. Label and Input Field

i want to throw the error msg to fill the input field, whenever i click on second tab without entering mandatory field,

I have tried with using SELECT Event in Tabstrip, When i click to Second tab without entering Value the Msg comes,

i tried with "report_attribute_error_message" method.

But it goes to second tab, it cant stay on first tab itself.

I need your Help or Sample code to achive.

Thanks,

Pradeep.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

harsha_jalakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Please check below link.

Create a attribute and bind it to selected tab property of tabstrip UI.If both the fields are initial then set the selected tab to first tab.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/7013c4d1-00d2-2c10-baba-ad8d8e526...

Regards,

Harsha

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply friends..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Create one attribute(let say "Selected_tab") bind it with the selected tab property of tabstrip, on tab select method keep the current tab name in one local variable by reading the same attribute, now check for mandatory condition, if mandatory fields are empty set the "selected_tab" attribute with the local variable name otherwise allow it to go without any changes..

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create an attribute(say SELECTED) in context and Bind the selectedTab property of the Tabstrip UI to that attribute.

Now in onSelect of tabstrip, read the input field and if it is initial display error  and set the attribute SELECTED to TAB1 ( TAB1 is the ID of Tab 1)

hope this helps,

Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In report_attribute_error_message method, Try CANCEL_NAVIGATION = ABAP_TRUE attribute and check.

Thanks

KH