Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move Afaria Client to Another Afaria Server

former_member686053
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I İnstall a new Afaria with SQL Anywhere.

I also have Afaria with MS SQL.

Now I need to move my client to new afaria.

How can I do  this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member686053
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tracy and Peter,

My all clients are Non-Samsung Android.

How can repoint clients to new server or send new server address?

Have a clue?

Regards..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create a new config policy, type Android.

Under Android, Device Communications, Seed Data: Set new server information

BR

Peter

former_member686053
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Cool

Thnx

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member201782
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Tevfik,

Are you talking about Afaria client of a device or Afaria client installed on computer?

Thanks,

Srikanth

former_member686053
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I need to move mobile devices which approved by afaria to new afaria sever without any modification on mobile devices

former_member201782
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Tevfik,

Sorry. I don't think it is possible. Because enrollment code brings all the connection properties of Afaria server into device. If you want your device to communicate with new Afaria server, then definitely you need to re-enroll with new Afaria enrollment code.

Thanks.

Srikanth

former_member686053
Active Participant
0 Kudos

But I will use same real address as relay server.

Maybe I can add my new server as slave. The replicate ..at the and I change the position from slave to master.

Make sense?

former_member201782
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Tevfik,

Even if you use same relay server address, it will still be connecting to old Afaria server, as device was enrolled with that server enrolment code.

Yes, you can try this. Add new server as Slave server. Create new RSOEs from new server to Relay server. Stop RSOEs from old Afaria server.

And in Enrollment server, you use new Afaria server farm.

Give it a try.

Thanks,

Srikanth

former_member686053
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry but, Do I need enrollment code for already approved devices?

I think mobile device configuration not change: Address , port, Protocol, Farm name, GCM code.

right?

former_member201782
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Tevfik,

After I replied, I was wondering if that is possible. Ideally Slave server should use same database as Master server. But your server's databases are different.

Is your Enrollment server installed separately or is it installed on old Afaria server?

You try using same enrollment server for new Afaria server too.

In relay server rs.config, enter farms of both the servers.

I am just trying to give you an idea, I have not tried moving devices from one server to another without changing configuration.

Let me know if it works.

Thanks.

Srikanth

former_member686053
Active Participant
0 Kudos

My relay server is separated and located on DMZ.

tracy_barkley
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

What type of clients?  If you are working with Android or Windows you can repoint the clients using the relay server, or possibly a configuration channel.  If it is IOS you will need to reenroll, as the MDM relationship is by the server and the dB would not be populated if you installed to a new dB.

Tracy Barkley

SAP, Active Global Support.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As Tracy says:

Windows Mobile clients and Android clients can be moved by sending a new server address to the devices.

iOS devices need to retain the same URL to connect back, but can be moved if this is the same,

"just" copy the values over from the iPhone device tables and edit your DNS records. Then we're good to go

BR

Peter