cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP Connectivity issue

0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am facing an issue to post a message from ECC to Target system using SOAP over HTTPS connection.IDOC to SOAP over HTTPS connection.  PFB for error, which I am getting.

Failed to call the endpoint: Error in call over HTTP: HTTP 413 Request Entity Too Large
17.11.2014 12:20:03.632ErrorSOAP: Call failed: java.io.IOException: HTTP Error response for SOAP request or invalid content-type.; HTTP 413 Request Entity Too Large
17.11.2014 12:20:03.718ErrorSOAP: Error occurred: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: java.io.IOException: HTTP Error response for SOAP request or invalid content-type.; HTTP 413 Request Entity Too Large
17.11.2014 12:20:03.719ErrorMP: exception caught with cause com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: java.io.IOException: HTTP Error response for SOAP request or invalid content-type.; HTTP 413 Request Entity Too Large
17.11.2014 12:20:03.736ErrorException caught by adapter framework: java.io.IOException: HTTP Error response for SOAP request or invalid content-type.; HTTP 413 Request Entity Too Large

Actually, the Target message after transformation in PI is 3.6MB. I would like to know if there is any restriction for size of the file in HTTPS connectivity.

Kindly suggest

Thanks & Regards,

Raj Kumar.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj Kumar,

Please check SAP Note  657759 - "413 Request Entity Too Large" on J2EE Engine

Regards,

Nabendu.

0 Kudos

Hi Nabendu,

Thanks for your reference.

I am using singlestack SAP PI 7.31 and trying through HTTPS connection. As per the notes, I came to know MaxRequestHeaderLength, MaxContentRequestLength parameters need to be adjusted.

Can you please navigate me where exactly I need to configure these changes... much appreciated you help.

Meanwhile, I am checking with my target system, whether they are allowed to receive the huge file from their end or not.

Regards,

Raj.

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

First try to adjust <MaxRequestContentLength> and then Test. If not resolved, then go for <MaxRequestHeadersLength>.

Limiting the Length of the Request Body - Administration Manual - SAP Library

Limiting the Length of the Requests Headers - Administration Manual - SAP Library

The links above are mentioned for PI 7.1 - Visual Administrator. In your case you need to find it from NWA (Visual Administrator features are merged in NWA). Take the help from Basis team.

Check:

11. Visual Admin Vs NWA

As of SAP NetWeaver 7.1, Visual Admin has been replaced with NWA

Regards,

Nabendu.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try posting the same from soap UI and see if it goes through..

0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh,

The flow is IDOC to SOAP( HTTPS connection). Receiver is soap..

Regards,

Raj.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should still be able to send a message to your web service using soap UI(without PI)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes it seems that there is. To know what the limit is will depend from system to system.

Please see the links below.

HTTP-Fehler 413 Request entity too large (Anforderung zu groß) Erklärt

Regards,

Jannus Botha