cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS Budget change from annual to Overall

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have made some changes in the configuration of Budget availability Control. We have set the follwoing:

- Tcode OPSB Overall and annual values.
- Tcode OPS9. In Time frame box there are checked both the flag "total" and "annual" values.

- Tcode OPS9. In the availability control box we set the indicator "Overall".

After changing this in productive system we executed OPSX and CJEN to reconstruct the data. However the budget already entered as annual in year 2014 is not showed as overall value. Therefore we cannot make a PO or financial posting with those WBS since the system,ms say that they are execeeded.

1. Is there anty inconsuistency in my configuration?

2. How to convert the current budget to overall in the WBSs since the budget was entered as annual?

Please advice

Kind regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, just to give an update. From SAP I have received the option to make the following actions:

- Configure a new budget profile with overall values.

- Modify the budget profile assigned to the proyect. Doing this in a moment no one is working just because we need to deactivate AVAC.

- Use the CJ30 to convert annaul budget in overall budget. To do this there is an option in the CJ30 in Menu/Edit /Copy view / Cumulative.

I will inform if it is a final solution. Is someone of you aware of this? If sio please confirm the behaviour.

Kind Regards

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Jorge,

this will work.. but again it is a manual process of putting new budget profiles in the old projects. and copying values from one year to Annual values..

you have to do it for each of the open projects which have budgets on it..

regards

Sammar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats right

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PS colleagues,

Is someone aware which is the best option for our requiremente. Recapping our requierement, we need to make Availability control of long term projects taing into account that we have already both annaul values for budget and commitments.

Kind Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Opting availability control for overall values is best option here. As at this time, no need to perform CJCF & CJCO here and also suitable for long term projects.

But what about those WBS on which , annual budget has been provided and may be have some commitments and actuals too. These can't be replaced to overall level & also will create some inconsistencies. One option is to close/lock those WBS and create new ones as per requirement.

Regards

Shishir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shishir,

Many thanks for your answer. To lock the WBS elements and create new ones with same values in the project could be an option but this will be one of our last choices. Think that all our users are using the current investment plans and a majority of their work is based on the current WBS codes.

I am pending to find other solutions.

Best Regards

Jorge

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jorge,

I don't think that it is technically possible to shift your assigned annual budget to overall level.

But do one try in testing system:

1) Create new WBS

2) Transfer your all actuals from old WBS to new ones wither via KB11N/CJ88.

3) But here commitment transfer is manual process, as we have to change manually account assignment elements in PRs/POs. There is no option for transferring commitments.

4) Assign pending works on new WBS and close/lock close ones.

Just give a try & check.

Also let others put their ideas on the matter.

Regards

Shishir

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Jorge,

The system doesn't automatically takes budget values from Overall to Annual or Annual to Overall.

Once you have made the changes to the Budget profile to have Overall values, you need to manually assign the budget to these projects..

Once you have made the Overall budget please re-run CJEN and CJBN. CJBW to get the required consistency.. What was the reason for making such a change??

Regards

Sammar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sammar,

Let me recap some history just to give you the context and reasons for changes.

We are using project system since long time ago. However we have just  activated the Budget Availability control less than a month ago.

Now in November we were ready to make the CarryForward of Budgets in order to be able to post purchase orders with delivery date on 2015. In CJCO If the fiscal year is not closed which is the case, the system gives an error message and the test flag is automatically set. Hence we cannot carry forward the budget.

Then we try to Carry forward the commitments by CJCF. Initially we thought this worked and allowed us to use delivery dates on 2015 but finally we have realized that is not right. There are some of the WBS cannot be posted in 2015 because of message of budget exceeed. In other cases the MIRO invoices of a purchase order already posted in 2014, cannot be posted because of our action in CJCF.

After all of these steps, we decided to change the settings in order to follow the "Overall Values in the availability control" instead the "annual values".

Do you think this is the way to proceed or you think there is another alternative?

Kind Regards

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Jorge,

It makes sense now . I am also not able to think any other way of doing it without bypassing the Budget Carry forward scenario,

if we can bypass budget carry forwards for the projects. And the finance or Project team is ready to allocate project budget year on year you may be able to use both Overall and Annual Values..

Lets wait for other experts also to pitch in..

Regards

Sammar

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Jorge,

It makes sense now . I am also not able to think any other way of doing it without bypassing the Budget Carry forward scenario,

if we can bypass budget carry forwards for the projects. And the finance or Project team is ready to allocate project budget year on year you may be able to use both Overall and Annual Values..

Lets wait for other experts also to pitch in..

Regards

Sammar

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please review http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1973877

Hope it helps!

Thanks and Regards,

Varshal Kachole

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varshal,

I have cheked the note. It is interesting because if the note works correctly, we maybe can maintain the configuration as annual and make the parameter of the desired "from fiscal year" in 2015.

However the remainning point is how to bring the budget to 2015? In the note it is allways mentioning assigned values.

Thanks for your contribution

Jorge

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please return the budget from FY14 and Supplement in FY15.

Hope it helps!

Thanks and Regards,

Varshal Kachole