cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SFTP adapter to pick up multiple files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need to pick up multiple files using SFTP adapter, the files will be look like below both are same extension and there is small difference in the file name ( The difference is Totals), can any one suggest me what to enter AdditionalFile.namePart parameter for second file??

Sales_2014_11_17.csv

Sales_Totals_2014_11_17.csv

Kind Regards,

Rachana.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I resolved this issue by replacing '_Totals' with blank in AdditionalFile.namePart parameter for the channel to pick up second file as an attachment.

Pramater name       : AdditionalFile.namePart 

Parameter Value     : "_Totals"=""

Thanks for all the replies.

Regards,

Rachana.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Rachana.

suman_saha
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As suggested by Botha, you may use FileName as Sales_*.csv

Otherwise you can go for advanced source file selection and give the source directory and filename as described in

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please see the document below. Please google for the documentation before asking for this type of information.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/305eeb5b-81e7-2f10-d8aa-9216de04c...

But you should be able to pick up both files by using the following. If they are both in the same folder.

Filename : Sales_*.csv

Regards,

Jannus Botha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Jannus,

I did not explain properly in my previous post may be, i need to pick up both files in a single message, the first file is main payload and second file as attachment to the message, so i need to use additional files option in the channel, so if i give main file name scheme as Sales*.csv, what must i give AdditionalFile.namePart parameter for second file?? (normally if two different extensions then we can give ".csv" = ".txt").

If the second file name like 'Sales_2014_11_17_Totals.csv' then i can easily give "*.csv" = "_Totals.csv" but this is not the case, please give me some thoughts about this.

Kind Reagards,

Rachana.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ok now it makes more sense

Have a look at the url below. Let me know if this helps.

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2014/06/06/merge-multiple-files-without-bpm

Regards,

Jannus Botha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jannus,

The above blog he mention static file name but my case the file name is not static, i got date at the end so it will change everyday? so still dont know how to mention the AdditionalFile.namePart parameter.

Hi experts please give some thoughts.

Kind Regards,

Rachana.