Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Empty Resource Overview Dashboard

dpitp
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

we implemented PPM 5.0 for project and resource management.

So far, the application works fine for the requirements within Project Management/Administration.

But we can not use the functions under the Resource Management tab of PPM (with NWBC).

We do not use Portfolio Management yet.

So I wonder if these functions work only in combination with Portfolio Management?

If so, why do I see data in the Resource Management tab for the staffing screens, but not for resources?

Attached are two screens which explains my dilemma.

I figured out that there are some switches in customizing where I can influence the screens (e.g number of columns), but not what needs to be activated or configured to let the data appear for resources.

Please take a look on the screenshots.

Any advice is appreciated.

thanks

D

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dpitp
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think I solved it

During the installation or basic configuration you might come along the SAP note 1406591.

In there it is explained that you need to copy customizing tables from client 000 to your productive client i.e. 100. Though this note refers to upgrade procedures from PPM 4.5 to 5.0, it seems also valid for a plain installed PPM 5.0 Add-on. At least it helped me in many ways, even if we didn't do any PPM upgrade.

After copying the customizing as described in the note for the dashboards by copying /RPM/DASHBOARD I was able to maintain the resource pools, teams and get the dashboard filled with my resources.

Also, there is still no "change" button to change the content of a pool or team. The changing will be achieved by simply clicking on the exisiting pool. When it open, you can add or delete resources to the pool/team as you like. Can't figure out now if it was possible before I did the copying of the /RPM/DASHBOARD.

Now I am still testing, but am pretty confident that was it.

Thanks for the help!

regards

Darijo

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for sharing the details Darijo..

So this is only applicable when you upgrade from 4.5 to 5.0 right..

dpitp
Participant
0 Kudos

no, not only when upgrading. The upgrade is saying that it is a manual step to be carried out after an upgrade.

However, I did no upgrade but it helped anyway

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

dpitp
Participant
0 Kudos

I opened an OSS message ... and wait

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Darijo,

Resources & resource overview FES screens are mainly available for the resource managers who are managing a pool of resources. For e.g. If a resource manager has 10 resources in his team, then there will be resource pool created with all 10 resources as members and a resource manager will be assigned to it. So, when resource managers login and go to resources FES he will be able to see all the 10 members under him and the assignments of those resources.

You can create these resource pools in 'Portfolio & Project administration'.

Hope this clarifies your query.

Regards,
Ravi

dpitp
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

thank you for the short and precise information.

It clears another question on the way using these screens

Still, I think I am missing something to get it running.

I can create an empty! resource pool.

But I can not fill it with resources nor can I change it after I created the pool. The same applies for creating teams.

In fact, the search for adding resources or a resource manager doesn't allow me to filter for any of the possible categories (Loction, orgUnit, Team, Category/subCategory, Role Function, Portfolio Bucket or Resource Name (add directly to RPool). The search result is always "The search provided no results; choose other search criteria". -> see attached screenshot

Well, we haven't build up any OrgUnits in our system. Is this a requirement?

What prerequisites/settings/customizing steps are mandatory to use these views?

regards

Darijo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please refer to note 1994441 - Resource Management - Empty dropdown in search

As pointed out by Ravi, resource management dashboard can be filled via resource pool (portf. administration) or from HR system (which is a most common business case).

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Darijo,

The only pre-requisite is to have business partners with BUP003(Employee) role attached to it in the PPM system.

If this is in place, you can refer the note suggested by Sergey.

Regards,
Ravi

dpitp
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sergey, Ravi,

thank you for this SAP note. It slipped through my research.

In a way it relates to my problem, but it does not solve it.

I still have the same behaviour as before.

The point is that I can't say if the search help is empty, as the note relates to.

The search help is greyed out, so I can't even open it to see if it is empty (1994441 - Resource Management - Empty dropdown in search). Nevertheless, I installed it per SNOTE.

We have set up all resources as business partner with BUP003. So this requirement should be excluded from the problem.

My concern now is, if we have to setup/configure Portfolio Management to run the resource management functionality. I really hope not. It wouldn't make sense to all the proposed SAP information and documentation.

Any further ideas?

regards

Darijo

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Darijo,

One final configuration setting what you can check is global settings for resource pool. By default the master switch will be in off condition.

Global setting can be found in the below path :-

SPRO-->PPM-->Portfolio mgmt.-->Global customizing-->Global settings-->Check global settings

Area 0002(Master switches) and switch name is 0002.

You can go to 'Override default global settings' in Global settings and add an entry for 0002 area & name with X as value.

Check after adding this entry in the configuration.

Regards,

Ravi

dpitp
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

that one was already set during my analysis.

It doesn't change the behavior

I guess I will have to open an OSS message.

If you got other ideas - please continue.

Next what I checked were the autorizations. But can't see what is missing.

Another question here.

Are you able to change, i.e. to add or remove resources from a resource pool or team after you have created and saved the pool or team?

I can't. I just see the pools. the only functions I can use are creating new pools or delete them.

Changing is not offered

regards

Darijo

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes I was able to change RP's Darijo... It is better to raise OSS message.