cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default roles not working - GRC 10 -SP12

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I had configured all the parameters and settings in NWBC but still default roles are not working.

I guess once we raise GRC request this role should also be added automatically where it is not happening .Kinldy help me on this.Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Srikanth,

as far as I see from configuration point of view it should work. Make sure that in the request the business process is similar than in the default role configuration. Also make sure that the system (NBR Client 600) is added accordingly.

The audit log should show the following:

It is very important that the values from the configuration is similar than the one the access request takes (case sensitive). Also be aware that if the value is missing in your access request the default value from EUP 999 is taken instead (see also http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2007192).

Regards,

Alessandro

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Srikanth,

could the issue be resolved? If yes, please close the thread.

Regards,

Alessandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still not working.

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you please share a printscreen from an access request so that we can validate?

Thanks and regards,

Alessandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro ,

User was created and requested role was assigned to the user but not the default role.There is no error log in Audit log.

Our requirement is roles to be assigned to the user based on the system selected.

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

please add the system to your request and the default role will be mapped automatically.

Please let me know if it works.

Thanks and regards,

Alessandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your reply.

Now Even role owners are maintained for both requested role and default role the request is moving to Escape path saying 'Approver not found '.

Please suggest.

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

I assume that you have a typo... Default Role configuration you have "NAP Client 600" while the system you have added in the request is "NAPCl.." without a space.

Make sure that all the values must match exaclty (case sensitive) that the role gets added.

Regards,

Alessandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro,

No , it is NAPCLNT600 and naming conventions are similar .Please suggest

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

strange.... I have tried in my test environment once again.. it's SP13.

I will share my configuration steps so that you can check yours once again.

Configuration parameter:

Check request type:

Default role setting:

Create request (Type: New Account):

Added system as defined:

Role has been added automatically after submitting the request. Above screenshot is the first stage view from Manager.

Please check again.

Regards,

Alessandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro,

The issue I noticed is once I am adding system in to the request we are facing this issue rerouting to no roleowner stage.

I had tested just by adding role it works fine but default role is not getting assigned as I did not add system.

Please guide .Thanks for all your help.

Regards,

Srikanth

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

but then you have a different issue. Does the default role get mapped to the request? Yes or No? Routing to no roleowner is another (check parameter 2038 in this case).

Just to say it again: if you have chosen system as your request parameter you have also to add the system to your request as otherwise GRC cannot identify the default role mapping.

Also re-think the following note: http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1616092

Just to say... from technical point of view it has to work so I guess it's only a configuration or undersatnding issue.

Regards,

Alessandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro,

This issue is not related to Default roles now.

As it might be any request if I am addding system and role to the request it is coming to security team by applying escape path after 1st level manger appproves.

Whenever I add system to the request after manger approves it is coming to security where it should not come .it should go to role owner path.