cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AllFusion Erwin Data Modeler Connection to SAP NW2004s Systems

chris_fulton
Discoverer
0 Kudos

We would like to use a data modeling product that we purchased for many of our SAP NW systems. We understand that there may be some restrictions on DB direct user connections and would like to confirm the following from those that may have exposure in this area:

1. If we connection the DM product to SAP, are there any restrictions on the data that is read from the SAP DB?

2. Are we violating any SAP license agreement by using the third party tool for data modeling on our SAP NW systems (since it will require a DB connection)?

3. Any other helpful information?

Any guidance would be very much appreciated.

Thanks and best regards,

Chris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

chris_fulton
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thanks John for your reply. Yes, I am familiar with the RFC connections, but this is not what they are requesting. They want a direct DB connection (with read-only rights). Knowing this, do you have any other guidance?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi CHris,

Could you get any solution for this? Could you please let me know if you could mae use of Erwin for data modeling in SAP BW.

Regds

tanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

How does your DM product plan on "connecting" to the SAP applications? Most of the time, SAP applications provide Remote Function Calls (RFC) (i.e. in the programming world, methods) for programmers to call in order to push or pull data to itself. There are no restrictions here aside from the normal authorizations given to access data on the application. Although SAP discourages any direct manipulations directly to the database layer.

Regards,

John Ta