cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alerts in APO DP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am working for an implementation project for SAP APO DP. Previously I never worked on DP Alerts.

We have a requirement to create DP Alerts for some of the Business scenarios. Ex: a) Alert for items that have history but no forecast. b) Alert for items that have a forecast that haven't shipped for three Months and so on

Up to now, we have setup the DP Configuration Basic BW Config, MPOS, PAs, PBs and Macros as well. My concern is how to generate the alerts.

I already have some step by step docs downloaded from google. But I think that doc is in high level. I need the guidance or doc from begin to end.

How to create alerts. What are the pre requisites to generate alerts. Need some indepth and steps on to generate alerts.

Could you pls share your expieriance and ideas on this.

Thanks,

SV

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

alok_jaiswal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SV,

Please have a look at the below document - It gives good overview of basic configurations required for implementation of Alerts in APO.

Hope you would find it useful.

Regards,

Alok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alok,

Thanks for replying this doc helped to create the Alert Monitor activities.

Thanks,

SV

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jagannadhb
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SV,

There are two types of Alerts in DP planning book-Dynamic Alerts and Database Alerts.

To see in alert monitor, you have to create a database alert and this can be achieved via a macro.

So, for your first example,

IF "History" >0

AND "Forecast" = INITIAL

create Alert

And, as Alok has suggested, that is a very good document to setup Alert Monitor.

You can schedule the macro or set it as default / start, to generate the alerts.

Regards

JB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jagannadha,

I am struggling to write the DP Macro supports DB Alerts.

Previously as I worked for small macros like keyfigure to keyfigure copy and keyfigure initializing.

I had written the macro but facing the error and not solved by me.

Facing errors is "IF , ELSEIF, WHILE and CHECK must be followed by a logical expression

Macros Was/Were not generated, Macro Book was not saved.

Pls find the attached macro logic I have written

Regards,

SV

alok_jaiswal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SV,

I created a test macro below - You can modify it as per your key figure name, alerts and time period

Regards,

Alok

jagannadhb
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SV,

I made some minor chages to your macro picture. Change accordingly and it will work

Regards

JB