Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP NW 7.40: no display of bind variables in explain

KayKa
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,
the last days i faced the problem that i can't display the bind variables in the execution plan in systems that running SAP Netweaver 7.40.

I push the button "Bind Variablen" and get the message "An SQL-Error is occured: 936".

Looking into sm21 i see this "> ORA-00936: missing expression"

Looking into the trace file of this workprocess i see this:

C     statement for table '                              ':

C          SELECT  0,  ' ',  0, SQL_ID, ' ',  0,  NAME, POSITION, DUP_POSITION,  DATATYPE,  DATATYPE_STRING,  CHARACTER_SID,  PRECIS

C         ION,  SCALE,  MAX_LENGTH,  WAS_CAPTURED,  TO_CHAR ( LAST_CAPTURED, 'YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS' ),  VALUE_STRING,  SNAP_ID, ' '

C         , ' '  FROM DBA_HIST_SQLBIND  WHERE SQL_ID =  '' AND  DBID = ( SELECT DBID FROM V$DATABASE ) AND  ORDER BY 17 desc, 19 des

C         c, 8

C     stmt_fetch() -> orc=936, 99=DBSL_ERR_DB

There is something missing between the "AND" and the "ORDER BY".

I've recognized this in our own development systems and some SAPM systems of our clients. So i expect it may be a general problem.

Can anyone confirm that she/he has the problem or confirm that the bind variable can be displayed in their System ?

Thanks a lot

Kay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Did not get the error on a 740 SPS 8 system.

Regards

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I've also tried on a 740 SPS 6 (kernel 741) and it is also working ...

Regards

KayKa
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

i've the problem on SAP NW 7.40 SPS 4. Today i found a system with SPS 7 and the problem still exists.

But the problem sits in front of the screen ;-/

I'm working with the transaction st04old and it seems that this transaction can't deal with the sql_id anymore. In the explain i get an empty sql_id field but the AWR shows me a correct sql_id.
After switching to transaction st04 i see the same statement with the correct sql_id and now the button "Bind Variablen" works.

thanks all

Kay

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried to find out something like that in our systems I was not able (that does not mean it is not there)

I advice you to open an incident they should be able to help you

Regards

Fidel