cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

first article only once globally

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have vendors who supply the same material to various plants. Is there a way I can have a first article only once, the first time the material is received from the vendor so that the second receipt if it happens in a different plant does not have to go thru another first article. We are not using first article via QIR status profiles but rather via a QC MIC in the inspection plan with one plan per plant fro receiving.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No standard way to inspect independently of plant.

All kinds of inspection should be managed and performed within a plant.

I think the only way is using the enhancement QAAT0001.

Regards

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

poovancheerirajendra
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you do the Inspection with Material specification ( QS61) which is at client level, ie specific to Material.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am not getting your term First Article.

Will You please explain your requirement in better and in functional way ?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

first article inspection is what I mean only once globally irrespective of how many plants the vendor ships the same material to.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you have any idea about org structure then its very simple to say no, beacuse in stdn SAP system each and every master data, documents, financial postings etc has relationships to Org structure.

Now inspection at global level is not at all possible. As said by KIM also.

You need to think some work around. like discuss with your business and set one plant and treat that plant to be as global plant say G001 . Create QM master data in that global plant only, activate Qm inspection type in that global plant only. Now whenever you procured first just procure it that plant and inspect it. second time close the PO of global plant set the RR as benchmark for all plants and via new PO with new plant process it . Here Source inspection will help you most Instead GR inspection. Maintain global plant +Vendor+material combination in Q-INFO this will helps you to retrieve the inspection history w.r.t vendor in global plant.

Now suppose Material A & delivered by Vendor A inspected at global level. You have al inspected data in G001 w.r.t Vendor and Material A, now same vendor A delivered the material A in another plant say A001, now there is no inspection lot in A001 bcoz inspection type not active.  so now vendor and delivered material inspected at global level and there is no need of inspection at other plants.

This is one way of work around as per your requirement, but i will not support it as already SAP provides us the one time inspection facility either by using the skipping lots functionality based on acceptance and rejection decision. Source inspection or Model inspection, but these all are at plant level.

Without defining any global entity you can not set the inspection benchmarks and global inspection data rule. As all depends on plants and related org structure.

Regards