cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continuous number assignment in billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a requirement where we need to print a number which should be in Sequential order on e Invoice send to customer along with the actual SAP Invoice number. There should not be any gaps in number assignment for all the Invoices created for this country and it should be in sequential order.

Now, I have looked at couple of SAP notes where this can be achieved by number range objects which uses buffering. The problem here is that in case of server shutdown and any unexpected error there will be a gap in number assignment.

To avoid gap in number range assignment, we can switch off buffering for the number range object. But here I see that poor performance because of locking on NRIV table in case of parallel processing of jobs.

These are the two SAP notes I have looked at..

62077 - Info: Internal number assignment is not continuous

1524325 - Poor performance due to locks on table NRIV - Buffering of billing documents

Can you please provide the best solution for this requirement?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

adithya_velide
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi .

Have you tried with creating a z field in ouptut of each e invioce  and give a coding that to increase the number by 1. That will be print it on output automatically.  But give a filter that the document should be billing document.

Regards,

Adighya