cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Information Broadcasting issue in SAP BW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

The Automatic Information Broadcasting in SAP BW( dual stack ) was working fine. Then the Enterprise Portal system got decommissioned.

Now, the Automatic Information Broadcasting fails to run. But, when we run it manually, it runs fine, by sending the excel report by E-mail to the mentioned recipients.

The server0.log shows that the RFC is pointing to the EP system which was decommissioned.

Is there a way to make this Automatic Information Broadcasting work in SAP BW again?

The NW version is 2004s. SAP_BASIS is 700.

Dual stack, BW system.

Regards,

Anil.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

RolandKramer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

BEx Web Broadcasting is actually an ABAP HTTP application, however it has to be rendered in a web environment, the BI-JAVA based on the SAP EP.

Why is the Enterprise Portal system got decommissioned? It is always a vital part in the BW Architecture.

See here, how to configure the BI-JAVA for 7.0x -

Best Regards

Roland

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anil

I think you may require to do the reconfiguration of BW Broadcasting, try to recreate new one and then check the same

Regards

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sriram,

While reconfiguring of BW broadcasting, is there a way to skip the Portal and only include the BI ?

Regards,

Anil.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Are you using the BI 3.x or 7.x? If you are using BI 7.X you may require portal connection

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SS,

It is BI 7.x

Regards,

Anil

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Portal also as part of BI or external system?

Could you check the SCN link

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/10215ce4-9358-2e10-daa7-8520e7185...

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SS,

I'm trying to figure out the possibility of setting up the BI portal and use it.

Will that work? Has anybody done it before, because the prerequisites of Information broadcasting mention Portal configuration in the initial steps.

Regards,

Anil.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anil

On your SAP BI system are having dual stack or only ABAP? if your are using Dual stack Java stack used for any other SAP environment?

What I have given the SCN link its working fine for me. If possible could you share your SAP BI & Portal system details?

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SS,

Our SAP BI system is dual stack. Java stack is not used for any other SAP environment.

Portal system does not exist.

BI is NetWeaver 2004s, SAP_BASIS is 700_20, BW is 700_22.

The BI Java is 7.0  SP19.

Do you have a configuration setup for Information Broadcasting for this version?

via SPRO.

Regards,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SS,

The SAP BI system is dual stack. This is not being used for any other SAP environment.

SAP BI is NetWeaver 2004s, SAP_BASIS is 700_20, SAP_BW is 700_22.

BI JAVA part is 7.0 SP 19.

No portal exists.

Do you have any document for configuration of the Information Broadcasting on this BI landscape, which does not have a portal.?

I guess it is done from SPRO.

Regards,

Anil.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anil

I am not sure, Could you refer the SAP Note for Information Broadcasting settings

760775 - Settings for Information Broadcasting

BR

SS