Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queries on SMP 3.0

neha_mahanty
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have few queries related to SMP 3.0, CRM Service Manager 4.1 which I came across during client discussion . Please suggest.

1. The smp certificate process involved copying the smp_cert.cer file from server and installing in the client device . (Please correct me if I am wrong here.  ). Is there any additional steps also or this is enough?

2. In SMP 3.0 the client data is in encrypted mode in Agentry client and also during the transmit of data . Please let me know what is the encryption standard used/in the mobile devices.

3. what is the Remote data destruction mechanism used in SMP 3.0 for Agentry clients.

4. For System settings configured for Inactivity timeouts and Lock Out rules, the settings in Agentry Editor is enough or any additional setting is required?

Please advise

Thanks and Regards

Neha Mahanty

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Neha,

Here are answers for some of your questions.

1. Copying the certificate is required unless you obtain and import a certificate from a trusted third party like VeriSign or similar.  In that case the clients most likely already have the necessary certificates installed by default so you wouldn't need to copy anything over.

2. The data is stored encrypted only if you have selected that option in the editor.  The data is always SSL encrypted during transmit between the Agentry client and the SMP3.0 server.

3. For data destruction you can set the number of invalid login attempts in the editor on that same screen you posted and define the lockout level to indicate how the client should respond when the number of invalid login attempts occurs.  (Critical will clear the client)

4. Not sure what you mean by this one yes setting the lockout and timeouts in the editor will cause the clients to perform those behaviors as indicated.

--Bill

Answers (0)