cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application crashes using CrystalReportViewer 13 in VS2013 ASP.NET 4.5

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am developing a web application using VS2013, ASP.NET 4.5, Crystal Report 13, develop machine windows 8, 64 bits. I have isolated the problem, as soon as I  place a control crystalreportviewer in the page I note when the page is loaded display all the data and without touching nothing, no event, shows a Microsoft Visual Studio dialog box with the below warning

(0x800a139e - JavaScript runtime error: Syntax error, unrecognized expression: input#__CRYSTALSTATEctl00$MainContent$CrystalReportViewer1).

I am printing the reports selecting a value in a text field, passing the parameter to the report and printing with a button. THE REPORT IS PRINTED PROPERLY IN THE PRINTER INCLUDING RIGHT PARAMETER AND IMAGES.

I have downloaded and install the SAP Support Pack 12 in the development machine.

I have downloaded as well the MSI 64 Bit, I understand this is the one I have to install in  the production machine.

I don't have very clear what I have to install where, do I need MSI 64 b in development as well, do I need SP 12 in production ???

I don't know if this mentioned warning message is causing any other problem or how do fix it.

Please any help will be very appreciated.

Thanks.

Manolo Garcia

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

More information about the previous question:

IN THE DEVELOPING MACHINE Windows 8 64 bits:the reports are displayed in the screen and printed in the printer with parameters, images from a button. From the menu option the reports are displayed, printed, exported to pdf, exported to excel. Everything looks is working fine with the exception of the mentioned warning msg about the crystalreportviewer

IN THE PRODUCTION MACHINE Windows Server 2012 64 bits: The reports from the button are not printed, the reports with parameter when you run it, enter the parameter, try to print doesn't do nothing, try to export to pdf and the result is refresh the screen asking the parameter again.

*** THIS IS CRAZY, IT IS WORKING FINE IN DEVELOPMENT ****

I Have installed MSI 64 Bits in production Server 2012.

I hope you can help me....

THANKS

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manuel

Could you refer the SCN thread with same issue

BR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please any answer from SAP technician will be appreciated.

Thanks

Manolo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Environment:

Development machine: Wndows 8 64 bits using VS2013, crystal report 13. The reports were displayed properly with images, export to pdf/excel working and printing reports from CrystalViewer and from buttons working. Everything works with the exception of the mentioned warning:

(0x800a139e - JavaScript runtime error: Syntax error, unrecognized expression: input#__CRYSTALSTATEctl00$MainContent$CrystalReportViewer1).

Production server: Windows Server 2012 64 bits

Client machines: Winddows 7 64 bits

In production the images were not displayed on the screen.

After many search time in the SAP discusions I found one related with the below configuration

I  had this handler in the web.config (not working)

<httpHandlers>
   <add verb="GET" path="CrystalImageHandler.aspx" type="CrystalDecisions.Web.CrystalImageHandler,
   CrystalDecisions.Web, Version=13.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304" />
</httpHanlders>

I have added this other

<handlers>
   <add name="CrystalImageHandler.aspx_GET" verb="GET" path="CrystalImageHandler.aspx"
   type="CrystalDecisions.Web.CrystalImageHandler, CrystalDecisions.Web, Version=13.0.2000.0,
   Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304" preCondition="integratedMode,runtimeVersion4.0" />
</handlers>

And now the images statics and dynamics are being shown properly in the production machines, Server 2012 and client windows 7.

I HAVE STILL ONE THING PENDING, TO PRINT THE REPORTS FROM A BUTTON . PLEASE ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED. YOU PRESS THE BUTTON AND DOESN'T DO NOTHING, IT IS WORKING FINE IN DEVELOPMENT.

Manolo

Answers (0)