cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pass parameter from one session to another in Personas 2.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have made some entries in ME21N transaction and have launched a report ME2L with using script without saving our data on ME21N. While we launch ME21N from ME2L report all previous entries which were entered are lost and new ME21N screen is open.  As per our requirement we need to be back to ME21N screen to the point where we had left before ME2L report launch.

Please find scrren shot ME21N and script for launch of ME2L report.

With Regards

Vishal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chinthan,

Below link only takes me to SAP MAIN screen

http://server:8000/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui?~transaction%3D*me2l%3BEL_LIFNR-LOW%3D10000000%3BDYNP_O...

it does not take me ME2L report. Is there any mistake in the above link which needs to be corrected.

Calling Me2l report with vendor as input and execute.

and the link below i open in different tab of my browser opens the report ME2L with mentioned vendor.

http://server:port/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui?~transaction%3D*me2l%20EL_LIFNR-LOW=10000000;DYNP_OKCOD...

Is there any mistake in above links or changes to be made for above link to run HTML viewer and i am dynamically picking the link from test box through script.

With Regards

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When i try to refresh the link with new parameters in HTML viewer it prompts me with

"Stay On This Page" Leave this Page" a message pops up.

The Scenario is i am calling me2l report from me23n transaction with vendor number as input.

link which is working is

http://server:port/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui?~transaction=me2l;EL_LIFNR-LOW=10000000;DYNP_OKCODE=ONL...

But when i change the vendor number and refresh HTML view then it gives a message

"Stay On This Page" Leave this Page" a message pops up.

Please help in this regard.

With Regards

Vishal

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

Since you are navigating out of transaction, all unsaved data will be lost. If you need to return to ME21n at same stage, then you need to copy the values on screen in script and take it to ME2L and store it using hidden input boxes and on return, you need to copy them back from ME2L to ME21n.

Thanks

Chinthan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan,

As Me21N is create PO, PO number will not be generated unless we save the transaction. Is there a way where i can go to Me2L report with out saving Me21N and return to the point where i had left Me21N entry.

With Regards

Vishal.

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

Yes, thats why I mentioned you need to use scripting feature in Personas to copy and paste values from ME21N to ME2LN and then back. But this can be difficult for line items since there is no paste table option.

Regards

Chinthan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chinthan,

Thanks for your response. Can we use HTML viewer to launch report and pass parameter and show the report. Please guide in this regard and please provide sample link how to pass parameter in html viewer.

With Regards

Vishal Lokapur

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

Hope this helps:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3401547

Thanks

Chinthan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan

Thanks for the link it was usefull. Can you help how to configure SAP personas 2.0 for SSO login

With Regards

Vishal Lokapur

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

If you have SSO configured to work with Webgui, then that should work with Personas as well. For configuring SSO in NetWeaver, this may help:

Single Sign-On for Web-Based Access - User Authentication and Single Sign-On - SAP Library

Thanks

Chinthan

former_member189842
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

Can you manually enter those values and run the report and see the report is appearing properly? Personas scripts automates the existing functionality. With little bit of creativity you can add a small new functionality to the existing one. But  archiving completely new  functionality takes lot of time and effort