cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Production system for CHARMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a scenario of Configuring charms for landscape where I have two production client system with Dev,Qua and Pre-prod.

I want to know how my changes will move to both production system at the same time?Hows it possible?

Regards,

Abhishek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Abhishek,

you can create a project with multiple logical component within it so all the changes for both the landscape willl move according to your ChaRM Project.

Remember - ChaRM is controlled by Project so if you have them combined in the same project it will go together only.

hope this helps

Thanks

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prakhar,

Thanks for Reply.

I have same Dev,Qual,and PreProd for both different Production system.So my question are

1)How our changes will move at both production system at the same time?

2)Also How Ibase component setting needs to be done so it can recognise which changes goes to which production system first ?

Regards,

Abhishek

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek

are you talking about one development XXX and 2 Production as common final target system

OR one development with XXX and other one YYY having target as AB1 and AB2 respectively?

In ChaRM RfC has the Target IBASE so all TR know whether their target is AB1 or AB2.

If this is not the case then can you share more details about logical component and all the systems which are in these logical component mapped in?

basically the Maintenance cycle controls all the TRs for any project so this will help to control transports going in sametime etc.

there are lot of good FAQ here ..hope you have checked it already

thanks

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

I have one development with XXX having target AB1(prod) and AB2(prod).

So my requirement is like I want to move my changes to both AB1 and AB2 at the same time(not one by one).

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prakhar,

Does below transport track works for CHARM?

DV1 -> QA1-> PP1-> PRD->DV2 Maintenance Landscape

DV2->QA2->DV1->QA1->PP1->PRD - Project Landscape

Thanks

Sateesh.

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satessh/Abhishek

First we need to understand what is recommended by SAP and then we need to configure ChaRM rather than just configuring ChaRM

SAP has recently published a very good document and also there is must read blog ..i would recommend you to read this and it will help you to resolve the issues.

https://support.sap.com/content/dam/library/SAP%20Support%20Portal/support-programs-services/solutio...

Kindly go through the document and it will help you understand how you can sync two parallel landscape with ChaRM and best way to have this.:)

Thanks

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks very useful document.

Former Member
0 Kudos

One more quick question Prakhar

SAP has given good strategies, but I am wondering how CHARM would recognize

two development and quality clients for example as shown below

In project landscape, how I can allocate systems as per below route

dev -> qas-> preprod->PSD->PSQ->PRP

My question is how CHARM can understand two dev/qa systems in implementation project ??

Thanks

Sateesh.

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Sateesh

answer is simple it is recognize by TMS setup and in turn shown by your Logical component added to Project..check below for retrofit

This is why i mentioned earlier we need to understand best practice

otherwise ChaRM will work based upon how you have mapped logical component and in turn your domain controller for TMS setup

but project will fail because improper design of landscape will give rise to many failure and issues which as per my experience people say ChaRM is not working rather the design of landscape is wrong.

Kindly do check the FAQ blog i have shared earlier in this thread which talks about common issues and solutions ..it will  help further

you might see similar thread in the forum where people talk about Retrofitting from EHp6 to EHp5 system and asking is it supported by ChaRM in dual track.....answer again is same if TMS supports then ChaRM support but then if the object which is getting retrofitted is not available in new version then how you can retrofit and many say ChaRM is not working

thus, I recommend always try to follow best practice and then configure charm accordingly

hope this clarifies your doubt

Thanks

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Interesting answer !  and it's better we create two different projects each one for Maintenance and one for Implementation in order to have avoid any confusion.

Thanks

Sateesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am successfully able to move transport to two production system having single development system.Please contact me if someone need any guidance on it.

My Landscape scenario was:

D1-  QA1-QA2-PrePrd- Prod1

D1-  QB1-QB2-Prod2.

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Nice to know that your issue solved, just want to add that, your landscape and scneario is completely diffeerent than what Sathish was asking.  you have 2 different production systems, but Sathish scenario would be single PRD with 2 DEV with two tracks.

And your case also, you can also try via CCTS clusters to move the changes same time by clicking import onetime in task list.

hope this helps.

Thanks and Best regards,

Jansi

0 Kudos

HI Abhishek,

Have you done this scenario in 7.2 system? Can you please explain how you have performed?

Best Regards,

Pradeep.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

Thanks for replying.

First I was able to successfully move to two production system without cCTS.

Urgent change by /TMWFLOW/SCMA_BTCH_SYNC_UC and maintenance cycle by Tasklist.

Now I have implemented the cCTS functionality in 7.1 sp13 as our requirement was to decouple the released transport. Also I am using the same concept as above to move changes in both production system.

Is there any other way available using CCTS for parallel transport movement???as suggested by you.

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

I have performed it in solman 7.1 by using below reports and tasklist:

/TMWFLOW/SCMA_BTCH_SYNC_TEST

/TMWFLOW/SCMA_BTCH_SYNC_UC

I have still not used 7.2 but I am sure you will be able to use this in 7.2 also.

Regards,

Abhishek