cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overall budget less than cumulative budget

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello PS Experts,

I get a WBS budget exceeded error while posting a document. Below is my Project set up.

P-00008231-> Main Project

P-00008231 -> WBS with IM position ID

P-00008231-00010 -> Lower level WBS

When I try creating a invoice with WBS  P-00008231-00010 I get the following error.

In document item 001 WBS element P-00001-001, budget for WBS element P-00001 for fiscal year 2014 was exceeded by 126,658.31 USD.

When I check the WBS P-00008231 the overall budget is  3,101,036.00 USD however there is no budget assigned for FY 2014. The entire budget has been distributed to lower level WBS P-00008231-00010.

The WBS P-00008231-00010 has current budget and distributable budget of 3,101,036.00 for overall period.

So I am trying to return the budget from P-00008231-00010 (Lower level WBS ) to P-00001 (WBS with IM position ID) using CJ38. So I can assign this to

P-00008231 FY2014.

However I get the error Overall budget less than cumulative budget.

Please advice.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hello All,

I got update from the SAP team, and there budget inconsistency in most of the project.

You can check this by executing the report BPFCTRA0 for the relevant project, then enter

=SUM in the ok-code field and hit enter -> a pop up will appear which states that inconsistet assigned values exist. Please execute the following steps to fix those inconsistencies and to avoid them in the

future:

Implement the correction of the note 1580075, and then run CJEN and CJBN for all projects.

This has resolved the issue.

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Varshal,

I cannot delete the planned value either. I can only see the budget or planned values till FY 2013.

I get the error

Overall plan value less than cumulative plan value

-

WBS Element: 19417:                  0.00 <        3,101,036.00  (USD) 

Message no. BQ058

Diagnosis

The total plan value                 0.00 USD in WBS element WBS Element: 19417 is less than the cumulative plan value         3,101,036.00 USD.

The cumulative plan value is derived from the total of the annual plan values.

I did check the SAP note. I will need to create the program first and then run it. I will check how can I go about it.

Thank  you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Varshal/Shishir,

The respone time from SAP is pathetic. I have analyzed the DB entries from the table. They do not look correct. I have included the screen shot for your reference. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

My Guess was correct. There is an entry of KBUD for FY2002 in the BPJA table.

Here are my guesses in the steps followed previously, please correct if I am wrong:

• The WBS Element has cost planned using CJR2/CJ40 (Evident from KSTP)
  • The Cost Planned has been copied to the Budget.
  • Similar steps has been carried out for FY2002.

My proposed solution:

• Remove the Planned cost for all the years if possible.
  • Else Reduce the plan cost in 2002 as Zero.
  • Then copy the plan cost to budget using CJ30. (Assuming no Assigned values to this WBS as of now)
  • Rebudget WBS as per the requirement.

Hope it helps!

Thanks and Regards,

Varshal Kachole

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Also Please consider the recommendations in http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1145955

Hope it Helps!

Thanks and Regards,

Varshal Kachole

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sammar,

That is where the entire problem lies. I cannot delete budget using CJ30. There is no budget at FY level. Its only present at  overall level. Check my screen shot for FY level.Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try this:

For Return: Goto Tcode CJ35->Tick on overall values too-> enter your WBS and amount and execute.

After this if successfully returned, enter the returned amount to your another WBS thru Budget Supplement process, tcode CJ37.

Regards

Shishir

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please analyse the data at the Database Table Level using BPJA, BPGE.

Would you be able to post the screen print in Display Mode for the Overall and FY for the entire Project Structure?

Thanks and Regards,

Varshal Kachole

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shishir,

I tried using CJ35 yet I get the same error " Overall budget less than cumulative budget ".

@Varshal _ when I check these tables I am not sure what am I looking for. What should be the Object number in the table. I tried entering the object number for project/BS(from PROJ and PRPS table ) but this is not the correct entry.

Also let me know which tcode to  you need the sreen shots for ? IM52/CJ30 ...???

Thank for all for your support.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In CJ31, is there any cumulative budget showing against WBS? Because as you said , budget is given only on overall level not on FY level. But as error describe there is some cumulative budget.

Please send full screenshot of CJ31 with cumulative budget column, if possible.

Regards

Shishir

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Screen print of CJ31 will help.

Thanks and Regards,

Varshal Kachole

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Varshal /Shishir,

Please find the attached for CJ31 annual and overview with the cumulative budget. Thank you

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please execute program BPDIST00 using SA38 in Quality System to check if this resolves your issue.

Hope It Helps!

Thanks and Regards,

Varshal Kachole

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varshal,

I had infact run both the programs BPDIST03 and BPDIST00. Yet there is not change. Any other suggestion are welcome.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you run CJEN and CJBN and check again? As in screenshot cumulative value should not be there because you haven't assign budget in FY level.

If further your error not resolved, I suggest you raise an OSS message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shishir,

NO luck with that as well. I have run CJBW, CJEN and CJBN. Yet the issue is the same. I has raised an OSS last wednesday with high priority and yet there is not response from SAP.

However I would really like to thank all the experts for their suggestions. In case you have some other inputs please let me know.

Thank you.

Mandar Inamdar

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Only other possibility that I can think of, is the FY which is not visible in CJ31 is holding the Budget.

This can be easily analyzed with the help of Budget Tables, but since you have already raised the issue with SAP, lets wait for their analysis and the possible solution.

Thanks and Regards,

Varshal Kachole

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sammar,

There is budget available for the project at overall level. As mentioned in my issue, the erro says budget exceeded for FY2014.

"budget for WBS element P-00008231 for fiscal year 2014 was exceeded by 126,658.31 USD."

I some how need to move this budget to WBS P-00008231 fy 2014 from P-00008231-00010.

I have also included S_ALR_87013558 and CJ30 screen shots for reference. Please check.

Thanks for  your continued support.

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Mandar,

You can do it in CJ30 as well. Go to CJ30 and FY2014 and remove the budget from the level where you have assigned it wrongly and assign it to the right wbs? What's the issue?

In your screen shot you are still displaying budget values at overall. You need to change it to FY2014 and then rectify the error.

Regards

Sammar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shishir/Varshal,

Thank you for your quick respone. I had already tried returning budget from FY 2014 and then from Overall. However when I return budget from FY i get the error

MANA01-C1: Safety & Loss prevention:          3,101,036.00-  (USD) 

Message no. BQ023

I have included my CJ38 screen shot for your reference. Appreciate your help here.

Thank you

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Mandar,

In your screen shot you don't have amount which you can return. As the current budget column for thre WBS is showing zero value. Are you checking the right WBS for return of the amount..

You can fix it in CJ30  also,, as said by Varshal and Shishir just check for the amounts you have distributed in All the FYs and for all the WBS and sum total shouldn't be more than the overall budget..

Hope it helps..

Regards

Sammar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Cumulative budget is the total of all Financial Year Budget. And if you assign budget on overall and get distributed to FY year level then you have take care that your current overall budget must be always higher or equal to your cumulative budget. This is standard.

Correction steps should be followed as Varshal explained. Further your need any help, reply.

Regards

Shishir

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The error and the description is self explanatory.

Ideally this error appears when the Return is attempted from the Overall Only despite the fact that the Budget is also available for the Fiscal Years as well.

The Correct Step should be:

1. Return Budget from FY
  2. Retunr Budget from Overall
  3. Make Sure Budget in Overall= Budget in FY12+FY13+FY14+FY15...and so on..

Hope it helps!

Thanks and Regards,

Varshal Kachole