cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI Development Objects privileges SAP PI 7.4 java only

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I have a doubt regarding roles and profiles, is there a way to set privileges to development objects in SAP PI 7.4 java only, what my client is trying to do is to set privileges to development objects both in ESR and IB for each developer, maybe something like only the creator user of an object be able to modify it or even be able to display it, I know this might be basis or system administrator tasks, but I need to know if this is possible and do it myself as SAP PI developer, thanks in advance for all help and support.

Regards,

Julio Cesar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can setup profile based authorization only for ESR objects...

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/50a3efb4-57a1-2d10-a6b9-fed6d2179...

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Amit,

will look into link, this make sense to me, will continue into research and wait for maybe some more replies, but for sure will assign points as soon as research could be considered as done, thanks again.

Regards,

Julio

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Julio,

I don't think you can restrict Person B to change any object created by Person A if they both have the same Role against their User.

UME Roles and Actions (AS Java) - SAP NetWeaver Process Integration Security Guide - SAP Library

Regards,

Nabendu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Nabendu,

will look into link, as common with clients, they would like to see like some text indicating that can be done, do you happen to know something like this?

Regards,

Julio Cesar