cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating TO for Inbound Delivery before GR

former_member214692
Participant
0 Kudos

Is it possible to create TO for inbound delivery before posting GR for NON HU managed material? My material is only SU managed. In LT0F, I'm getting error creating TO "no items or handling units to be placed in storage could be determined" (msg L3898). Creating the TO after the GR works fine.

Thanks, Vlad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

as per the error message, System expect the HU should be packed, Check whether your storage location is HU managed ? also could you please share the putaway screen from the inbound delivery

former_member214692
Participant
0 Kudos

My question is whether it is system requirement for material to be HU managed to be able create TO for inbound delivery before GR. Currently my materials are only SU managed and I would not like to introduce HU management.

Vlad

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

TO for inbound delivery before GR

Purchase order ----- Inbound delivery ----Transfer order(create / confirm)----Post Goods Receipt 

This scenario does not require HU management to be active

if you want to perform GR first and then TO then that is possible only with HU management

Purchase order ----- Inbound delivery ----Post Goods Receipt -----Transfer order(create / confirm)

There is a similar thread exist in the forum related to that please have a look

former_member214692
Participant
0 Kudos

Manish,

You are confusing me. The thread you referenced is not similar. There, the person is asking about doing GR before TO without HUM. I know that it already works -- we do that today. What I'm asking is the opposite: can we do TO before GR without HUM?

Vlad

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You missed the first line from my response

Purchase order ----- Inbound delivery ----Transfer order(create / confirm)----Post Goods Receipt

This scenario does not require HU management to be active

The above scenario can very much replicated with SU management

Answers (0)