Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QA hold process for WM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Need some help to understand a process.

1. When quality dept. sends info to hold stock(on finished products, ready to be transported), all the bins for corresponding materials are block (ls06, bin blocking).
  2. Now , if after few hours , QA says , dump 50% of stock , those blocked bins are unblocked and mb1b (551 scrapping) etc. is done.
  3. The problem is when bins are unblocked, there is chance of them being picked by some customer delivery being created in background.

Any suggestions how to escape from getting stock picked by

Also, what should be the proper way to process QA hold processa and dump/scrap stock as per final decision.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I just ran a scanario where I used MB1b /322 to move stock from unrestricted to Blocked, processed the PCN created for it, confirmed TO .The stock got moved to Q-blocked in both IM and WM .

Now, When QA dept has finalised the stock , I can Scrap directly from Q-blocked at IM and WM level.

Do you see any risks/disadvantes of this process. Looks simple to me !!

Thanks

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As per SCN rule of engagement one query per thread hence request you to please raise a separate  query with clear subject line

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If that is your solution to the initial question then it is nothing else than the standard process without QM module.

The only risk that I see is that you use different approaches for your finished goods and for your raw materials. This has from my experience never been a good approach as it confuses the employees, especially when the reason for 2 different approaches for in general the same process is not communicated.  (at least I did not understand this reason from the given information)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jürgen L and Manish ,

QM is active for raw materials but not for Finished Goods,FG (I want to process finished goods) .The FG

are stored in rack bulk storage and ocassionally QA dept comes and hold some stock for few hours . then they tell to dump/release partial stock, complete stock.

1.Can you advise some workaround without configuring QM.

2. Also, what are steps required for QM configuring .

Thanks

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you are planning to block for quality without activating the Quality management then in my opinion the process which you are following is okey (however standard SAP suggest to use WM-QM link to proper documentation e.g in the current process based on the communication outside system you are taking decision to scrap / dump once QM is active you can take the same decision in system by takig usage decision on Inspection lot and it will be documented in system )

1) As an workaround you can create a new dummy storage type, Don't define this dummy storage type in search strategy. Till the time you are not getting the confirmation from QA department for dump / release let it be in that storage type once you get the confirmation you can move to actual storage type / storage bin

Con of this approach is you have to do multiple handling one from production to Dummy storage type and upon confirmation from QA, from dummy to actual bin location location

2)  Please have a look on the below existing SCN thread shared by SCN member and sap standard link to get more detail idea

WM-QM Interface - ERP SCM - SCN Wiki

WM Interface to Quality Management - Warehouse Management Guide - SAP Library

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Manish .

Have already tried the approach of creating a separate Storage type and move stock across but was looking for something better without having QM .

I think i am left with either going for QM route or use any of 2 workarounds.

Appreciate your help .

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This process is specific to your business where you are blocking the bin using LS06 else as per standard SAP system creates a Inspection lot if the Quality management module is active as suggested by Jurgen.

Could you please share whether QM is active ?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I never heard that QA rules blocking of storage bins.

Their tool is the inspection lot and a usage decision.

Creating an inspection lot would bring the stock into the quality status, the usage decision transfers it into blocked or unrestricted.

You get posting change notices in WM and that is what you have to process.

While it is in Q-status, nobody would get an order to pick this stock, same for blocked stock.