Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDI 997 acknowledgement error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working on EDI 945 to JDBC.

for this scenario, i need to send 997 back to customers for each 945.

I have craeted EDI 945 to JDBC, its working fine. File sender and i have added classifier, BIC and split modules in file sender communicatoon channel. Its working fine.

For acknowlegements, used standard mapping "FunctionalAcknowledgement_to_A_997_ALL / http://seeburger.com/B2BContent"

Created ICO with Split997 sender and file reciver.

Problem is i am not getting 997, can you pls help on this. What i have missed to configure.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

And in Audit log, no splitting is happening. below are the imp lines in audit log.

SEEBURGER/CLASSIFIER: type -> AnsiX12
EBURGER/CLASSIFIER: exiting SeeClassifier successfully
SEEBURGER BICXIADAPTER +++ CONVERSION SUCCESSFUL +++

SEEBURGER/MESSAGESPLITTER: Creating CCI Interaction
SEEBURGER/MESSAGESPLITTER: There is no attachment to split. So there is nothing to do.
SEEBURGER/MESSAGESPLITTER: Finished splitting.
SEEBURGER/MESSAGESPLITTER: Message Splitter Module is exiting succesfully.

Application attempting to send an XI message asynchronously using connection File_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System
Trying to put the message into the send queue
Confirmation mode test found - file will be resent next time
The message was successfully retrieved from the send queue
Message status set to DLNG

The message was successfully retrieved from the receive queue
Delivering to channel: File_Receiver_945
MP: processing local module localejbs/CallSapAdapter

After that empty file with out structure processeed in to respective folder.

Below is the result.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<ns0:MT_Receiver xmlns:ns0="NameSpace"></ns0:MT_Receiver>

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sruthi

From your module config, parameter classifierMappingID is not specified for the classifier module. As such the main mapping that will be used will be the default Seeburger main mapping, i.e. See_<ContentType>

SEEBURGER/CLASSIFIER: type -> AnsiX12

EBURGER/CLASSIFIER: exiting SeeClassifier successfully

From the audit log, the content type is determined as AnsiX12 by the classifier, so the BIC mapping that will be executed will be See_AnsiX12. It is this mapping that will generate the intermediate FA message as well as any child 945 messages. The child 945 messages will then be sent to the splitter (provided Message Splitter Config is done correctly in Seeburger Workbench.)

However, you mentioned that you are using a custom 945 message. Without further details of what exactly is the customization, I can't tell for sure what is happening. My guess is that the main mapping See_AnsiX12 is not able to determine the 945 segments from the source file. If you have BIC Mapping Designer tool, I would suggest you test it out there - try transforming your input file with the See_AnsiX12 mapping and check the logs.

Additionally, I would suggest that you add the parameter logAttID = BIC_Log for the BIC module. This would create an additional attachment named BIC_Log which you can view in SXMB_MONI. This gives you further details on what is happening during BIC conversion. If you provide the details of that log here, it would be useful for further investigation too.

If indeed the default See_AnsiX12 mapping can't handle the custom message, then you need to create a customized main mapping in BICMD. You can copy from See_AnsiX12 to AnsiX12_Custom and modify it to handle the custom 945 message. To ensure that the classifier uses the custom main mapping, add parameter classifierMappingID = Custom to the classifier module.

Rgds

Eng Swee

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sruthi,

Please cross check with below documents to ensure all the configurations are in proper place:

Regards,

Nabendu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nabendu,

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately my SAP PI is 7.3 dual stack not B2B add on.

Any other guess?

Thank you.

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sruthi,

Cross check the adapter modules in the below thread:

http://scn.sap.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/14048376-130179/Capture.PNGRegards,

Nabendu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nabendu,

Thanks for your reply.

Still i am not able to see 997. for testing purpose i have created below.

Two File sender channels i have configured, one for sending 945 (used classifier, bic an dsplit modules), another sender channel is split 997 configured module tab as per your screen shot.

Two File receiver channels, one for getting JDBC xml, another for getting 997 back.

EDI 945 to JDBC working fine, i can see file in target directory.

Why split 997 is not responding, its not throwing error also... pls help where i have missed. All i am testing locally, two business components configured, its not party based.

Thank you.

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sruthi,

You should use Split Adapter. Please find the configurations and adapter types in the below document:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/10b17369-9522-2c10-84a6-d75d8a8ac...

Regards,

Nabendu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh..Yes..I have used split adapter only... mistype in my previous post

Adapter Type: Split997

Former Member
engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sruthi

Did you use AUTO for your mappingName in the BIC module? Also, have you configured the message splitter in the Seeburger Workbench?

Did you check the audit log from your original source message? Was there any indication there if the split was successful? Maybe the split was successful, but the intermediate FA message generated had some errors?

Also, would be good if you can provide screenshot of your module configuration here.

Rgds

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eng,

Thanks for your reply.

can you provide your mail id, so that i can send the document with all details. module screen shot and audit log.

Thank you.

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check your module names. It should be like this

Especially check the Seeburger modules names. They are case sensitive an must be 100% correct.

Also, have a look at the classifierMappingID. Within that mapping, you create your child mapping at runtime. We did something like this in the parent mapping:

I guess you also created a adapter type Split997 like this to be able to split incoming EDI interchanges?

Finally, do not forget to fill the Seeburger Message Splitter configuration part in the Seeburger Workbench and create the Sender Agreement(s) accordingly.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitri,

Thanks for your reply.

These modules should be in file sender channel for 945 right, not in split 997 adapter right?

I guess you also created a adapter type Split997 like this to be able to split incoming EDI interchanges?

Yes

I have done seeburger Message Splitter configuration in Seeburger Workbench .

If I specify mapping name as "AUTO", i am not getting proper output like i am getting target xml as

<ns0:MT_Receiver xmlns:ns0="Namespace">

</ns0:MT_Receiver>

If i specify mapping name as "E2X_945_V4010", i am getting proper output like below

<ns0:MT_Receiver xmlns:ns0="Namespace">

<Statement><up_CFI_InsertEDIShipment action="EXECUTE"><Order_Number isInput="true" type="CHAR">ORD04</Order_Number><Delivery_Number isInput="true" type="CHAR">DEL04</Delivery_Number><Origin_Name isInput="true" type="CHAR">3063</Origin_Name><Origin_Code isInput="true" type="CHAR">3063</Origin_Code><Shipped_Datetime isInput="true" type="CHAR">20130903141738</Shipped_Datetime><Seal_Numbers isInput="true" type="CHAR">5851-5852-5853-5854</Seal_Numbers><Mode_Code isInput="true" type="CHAR">RAIL</Mode_Code><Manual_Carrier_Desc isInput="true" type="CHAR">CSXT</Manual_Carrier_Desc></up_CFI_InsertEDIShipment></Statement></ns0:MT_Receiver>

Any idea why its happening?

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitri,

I have configured as you mentioned, still no luck.

Splitt 997 adapter not polling any message it's just in active status thats all.. what will be the reason?

Thank you.

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sruthi

It's better if you just share the screenshots in this thread instead of mailing it. The forum supports that capability (as shown by the replies from others here) and other members can also look into the issue and provide assistance.

Rgds

Eng Swee

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Like Eng Swee already mentioned, please do share your configuration using screen shots.

The modules I mentioned must be in the sender adapter picking up the EDI interchanges.

Also, make sure the sender agreement matches the Seeburger splitter configuration.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Btw, if you don't use AUTO, then no FA will be generated, therefore which explains why you are not getting your 997 too.

My guess is your scenario is not designed correctly, if my guess is correct, you are doing the following:-

Sender 945 channel (BIC mapping with E2X_945_V4010) --> Message Mapping (Map 945 to JDBC structure) --> JDBC channel

This approach will not generate any 997 since you are not using AUTO.

Please do check the document Nabendu provided, as well as your Seeburger manual for proper setup required to achieve FA/997.

To get it to work, you need two configurations, it should be roughly like below:-

i) Parent message

Sender 945 channel (BIC mapping with AUTO) --> Message Mapping (Map FA structure to 997 structure) --> back to originator (with BIC mapping to convert to 997 EDI)

ii) Child messages

Splitter channel --> Message Mapping (Map 945 to JDBC structure) --> JDBC channel

Rgds

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitri / Eng,

Thanks for your reply.

I will try to re create the objects as per link provided by Nabendu.

Mean while, I got one doubt, we are using custom 945, not standard one.

So is module will send the 997 back to custom EDI 945 as well or is there any restrictions to it?

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have seeburger license , I am working on EDI 945 scenario, the thing is we did not purchase EDI 945 standard from seeburger, we have used custom one.

Now i am using File adapter with classifier, BIC and split modules to convert EDI 945 to xml structure.

It's not executing operation mapping if i use AUTO in mappingName parameter.

So all this because of custom EDI 945?

We are doing EDI 850 to Idoc with the same modules and its working fine, getting 997 back, EDI 850 is standard structure from seeburger. So EDI 850 is working since its a standard and EDI 945 is not working since its a custom. is it correct?

Thank you.

Modules i have used for EDI 945 is below.