cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom SIS info structure : help needed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I tried searching the Forums on a relevant topic however couldn't find any !!

Here is the concern and I only need suggestions and opinions from our dear members if anyone has done this and if there is any risk involved?

My client has their SAP system since the last 15 yrs and they have this custom S641 infostructure which is used to report credits and rebates.

They have a characteristic drilldonw feature by sold-to as well as the ship-to.

Going forward they want to enter the sold-to and ship-to same and enter the reseller as a partner function (only while entring credit memos). The reason for this is to get tax credit from the State where the reseller actually sold the material to the end customer.

Now if I remove the ship-to characteristic which would be redundant (because the sold-to would be the same as ship-to) and add a new one (reseller which will be entered in header partners) what is the impact?

Will the sales reorg automatically start updating reseller going forward?

Will it affect any existing data? (Millions of records already existing in the S641 infostructure)

Is there any chance of a possible data loss?

Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated? Thanks a lot in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree with Ravi's suggestion. If we change the characteristics then it also changes the primary key of the corresponding database table. It could be fine in many cases but is always a risk for data loss. Even if you try changing it, I'm sure there will be warnings.

Update definitions would also be affected, which would trigger regeneration of the update code, etc. IMHO there are just too many "moving parts" to attempt such change in a mature implementation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Jelena and SRK. Really appreciate your prompt reply and solution.

I have suggested creating a new infostructure with the new characteristics as required.

That way the data in the existing infostructure is safe and remains intact to check for historical data; also there is zero risk.

Thanks again and have a great weekend.

Amit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is advisable to create a new customized SIS info structure as per the requirement.There  will be definitely data loss if the existing S641 is altered.

Regards,

SRK